Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any advice for importing accessories from Wingstuff USA? I have just rung customs and excise to find out duty and they run rings round me, according to them we will pay shipping from the USA, custom duty, vat and then handling costs from the couriers. It just seems a lot of charges and will really bump up the cost. HELP :?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Yep, unfortunately that is the way it works. :sadguy: Some folks get lucky and the items slip though the net, but nowadays it seems more and more, the charges are levied.
Sometimes it is just cheaper to buy in the UK than to pay to import items.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I just ordered a few items from this company. The merchendise was good but they really stuck it to me on the shipping charges. I asked for the items to be sent USPS because I was not in a hurry. My little 2 pound package cost 25.00 to be sent via FedEx because it would get there quicker is what I was told. Good Luck. I will never use this company again.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Don't forget Thunderbats, you should be able to have something shipped from within the European Union without being subject to those import duties, so it might be worth looking around.

Here is one I have used in Holland and they are very nice to deal with. John the owner is good with Email and speaks lovely English. I have also had the pleasure of visiting the shop in person as have one or two other members here.
http://www.goldwing.nl/renswoude/index_eng.php

Why not make a good day of it and take a ferry from Hull and go visit the shop. :banana::action:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.