Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This topic may have been discussed before, but could find no record in the search area.

A friend of mind, has an import/export business in Spain dealing mainly in cars 4X4 etc.

He has been approached by his contact in Japan, for a market in Motor Bikes, no prices yet, but he is looking at the wing.

My question is has any tried this route before, would Honda UK warranty cover such an import.:12red:

Look forward to any replies.:clapper:

PS looking forward to the wings visiting the Isle of Woman later in the Month.:jumper:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Most of the jap import wings that I have seen are not in great shakes ,,The milage had been turned back on some of them ,,The goldwing is made in america ,,why buy from Japan ? Also they come with little or no extras ...America is the place to import wings from ...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Wexman

The Bikes would be new, my thoughts were based on, I can buy a British made car cheaper in Spain than Britain, applying the same logic as the US and Asia, one of the benefits would be riding the bike back from Spain.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

From personal experience Honda UK would not honour any warrenty or service bulletin issues. Honda Uk will tell you you are on your own as far as any support from them is concerned and if you are really lucky they will tell you to take the bike back to Japan where you brought it from - this is the one issue that really pees me off with Honda - the bikes are all made in the same factory and yet the warrenty issues are not applicable world wide.

Rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Japanese Goldwings are a mixed bag. Newer ones will have the windshield wiper, but won't have the wiring for the intercom system in place. Personally I'd prefer to keep my intercoms and forget about a wiper and scratched windshield that accompanies it. Also the radio is the usual restricted one that we all know and hated in imported cars.
The Japanese models have plenty of Hondaline chrome goodies included as standard, but no intercoms is a big sacrifice on a touring motorcycle and no amount of chrome makes up for this, in my opinion anyway.

A USA spec Goldwing is always the most desirable because many items that we don't get on European models are either included already, or the wiring is in place for them to be fited later.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

The weirdest GL1500 I ever seen was a German one. It had a low cut windshield and the trunk was only about 3" deep!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.