Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 180 Posts

·
New Guy
791 Posts
imported post

D-Rod wrote:
Shouldn't this be linked to the top of the page for everyone to see?
yep, and i bet it'll get done when steve / others can lift their head / hands up to do it.

steve,

i've only been a member for a short time but want to say that i appreciate the amount of thought and effort you've put into creating / maintaining / growing these forums. that said, congrats on finding a solution that allows you to step back from the operational effort it takes to keep things heading in the right direction and getting back to doing things you really enjoy in life - spending time with dylan, family & friends and whatever hobbies you have!

good on ya, steve.

hal

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I understand this is an evolution, and wish you, Steve and Dylan, the best to kick back as a simple user, and no longer with the responsibilities of ownership.

Enjoy the added time with your family!

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

roscoepc wrote:
The one thing I don't EVER want to see changed is the "Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums" tagline that on just about every page on the site in one form or another!!
Don't forget the Goldwing FAMILY Forums bit too.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Many thx Steve for all that you have done, way to go. Our thoughts will always include you.

Hello Marco and welcome to our family. Let us know how we can help you.

Ned

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Thank you Steve for createing this wonderful site, and making sure it will be here for us in the years to come.

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
imported post

Thanks Steve for all the hard work over the years. This forum has been family for a long time for a lot of us, and as we have grown, things must evolve. And as we have gotten bigger, the headaches have increased also, so it was only logical that changes would eventually need to be made to insure the longivity of the world's finest Goldwing Forum. My cogratulations on all you have done!:claps::claps::claps::claps:

Gene:action:

·
Administrator
57,427 Posts
imported post

As Steve Saunders said, but it got buried in the overall announcement -

He is not leaving the forum, he is just shifting the responsibility for funding the forum, and the direct time heavy software maintenance of the forum, over to the IT department of Motorcycle.com

This is going to allow him to now devote more time to producing more of those great videos and training tutorials that he is famous for.

Dylan mentioned his sad face... Well, the forum has been Steve's "child" for 13 years, and it is like the day you watch your children leave home searching for their own lives. It is the pang you feel in your heart as you watch them drive down the driveway and away from your home.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication and for the hours spent away from family.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

When I get up of the morning @ 4:45 a.m. this is the first place I go to see what has happened over night. At work, when I get a couple of minutes that isn't busy I drag out my laptop and check in to see what's going on. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that when I looked for how to change my fork seals would this site become such an integral part of my day and my life and that was just 3 years ago. Steve, in the relatively short time I have been on this forum I have learned not only how to work on my Goldwing but through your kindness and generosity I have seen how a group of almost total strangers have come together to become a family. You took your vision and made it into the best forum on the web and I am PROUD to say that I am a part of it. One day I hope to be able to shake your hand and to THANK you in person for the opportunity to be a part of such a GRAND endeavor. Now take that much needed vacation and kick back and relax for a while. Dylan will be keeping an eye on us for a while so you can get out and take a much needed ride.

Marco, welcome to the BEST forum on the net!

And if you all think this Hillbilly is gonna shut up now.........................I just might have to talk more than ever..:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

Steve, can'tthank you enough for your efforts inproviding this forum to us. I look forward to seeing you and Dylan again at NASSIR 5

:applause:

A warm welcome Marco

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
imported post

Steve and gang: Thanks.
Wingmin: I've already noticed a difference in the server! Here's hoping for continued excellence!

·
Administrator
24,358 Posts
imported post

I have to admit it gave me a start when I read the first couple of lines.
Thanks Steve, this site has been a part of my life for almost 5 years now. I wouldn't know what to do without it and the friends I have made here, many I have met and many I hope to.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Great forum, great people, and a well deserved break for Mr. Sounders. Thanks for what you have done and for continuing to be a member of our society. We will se you over here soon, and you better fly Delta to get here so I can afford to enjoy it.

Kim !

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Wow!

I don't know exactly what to say, because this forum has become a part of my life. I know that it's still here and it isn't going to change (much) but this is really big.

Steve, you have done a fantastic job. I really mean that about it becoming a part of my life. I spend a lot of time here, and I can't imagine it otherwise. It's good that you have secured the future of the forum, and I can understand the workload and the financial load, so I am sure that this is a good thing in so many ways.

I know that there really aren't going to be changes that affect me/us, but this is really big, so just the thought of is stunning.

But just know that your passion and drive are what put this forum on top and it will always be yours. And the positive effect that your work has left on me is multiplied thousands of times on so many other people.

A Job Well Done! :claps:

Thank you for everything you have done!

·
Village Whack Job...
7,898 Posts
imported post

I always felt...safe here, secure. Like coming in and sitting down with family. Like even though this site is visited by thousands of members from literally all over the globe, it still felt...small. It felt intimate and not public at all.

I felt comfortable sharing my life, my thoughts. Sharing parts of who I am. I've really enjoyed that over the years.

I don't know if that feeling of intimacy will continue now. But for what ever it's worth this site is the greatest thing on the web. I just hope the new management recognizes it for what it is and doesn't go screwing with it.

Steve you are still the man.

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
imported post

Marco , :waving:Hello and Welcome . Thanks for providing us a new lease on life .

Steve , I am certain this must have been a tough decision . Youhad a idea . Gave it birth . Then raised it up with care and love . Thru it all you have thinned out your wallet to support it , worked long hours in the night and more . The whole time giving of yourself so that we could have a wonderful place to learn , share and grow to know many more friends than we could ever meet on a Sunday ride . For all those reasons and more again I thank you , I appreciate all you have done and will do in the future .

I hope to one day meet you and Dylan .I was fortunate to be at NASSIR1 .I hope these NASSIR events continue to bring many of us to meet and grow your Steve Saunders Goldwing community .

I missed the first few years , coming along in late 2005 . An uncle gave me his 77 Wing which needed much care . I came here for answeres and recived so much more. I saw a member give away a bike to a another when his was stolen . I have seen many fund raising efforts as members care for each other . A great number who have never met face to face yet they reach out to help .

Steve this and much more is all because of a vision you had . Long may it live . :claps::claps::claps:May the Lord bless you and keep you safe .

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
imported post

Steve
Your vision created a place for Goldwing lovers to chat, exchange stories, jokes and advice and saved countless members tons of money with the limitless knowledge that is always available here. Most of all your forum has engaged members who are separated by thousands of kilometers(miles for you Yanks!)on a personal level during the good times and bad times. The new management have huge shoes to fill.
Wishing you and yours all the best and my deepest Thanks!
Medicj

·
Pwhoever
3,078 Posts
imported post

Steve, you should not be feeling anything other than proud for the accomplishment on putting together this forum and keeping it up and running for so long. It is really more than a forum and so unique in the field of forums. You will always be known as the founding father of the Steve Saunders Goldwing site. You made a serious choice for the betterment of the community and to allow it to continue. I very much appreciate everything that you, Dylan, and all the moderators have done to make sure that this outlet has been provided for us enthusiasts and that it will continue. To all of you, a job WELL DONE!!!!!

41 - 60 of 180 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.