Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

.. go on vacation and this happens??

Anyway, thank youSteve for all you've done!! (Ilook forward to seeingyou and Dylanat N5)

This was inevitable... at this point, you have to either decide to devote full time with a financial planand grow it even biggeror transfer the reins... This site is not"Facebook"but it is a growing social network with a lot of potential along with all the headaches.

I'll reserve judgement as to better/worsefor now, but still a warm welcome to Marco!! You (and motorcycle.com)can't do this all forever for nothing so it will be ineresting to see how/where the revenue stream comes from.. (but you do need to ride.. can't imagine a "boss" empathic to the motorcycle mentality that doesn't ride..)

Edit: Incidently, just found out by trying... one big down side for me, is that motorcycle.com is a "Forbidden" site here at work and they don't usually do that unless there is some "untrusted" behavior (known malware, suspicious cookies,certidficate issues or known to contain links tothe same).. I can visit all of the motorcycle sites that I belong to (about 10) and absolutely noproblems, but not "motorcycle.com" I think this is enough to raise my eyebrows...

·
It aint rocket science
3,806 Posts
imported post

My hat is off to you Steve. This is the first forum I have ever participated in and it has been great to be part of this family.

Everyone, eventually must take a final bow out to what their circumstances are and what is in their best interest.

I wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors to you and yours.:claps:

JD

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

I'm new here but have been in Steve's shoes. I started a forum years ago and it exploded into something similar to this place. After years of constant work and expense I got burnt out and sold it. It is still a very popular forum and I have more time to pursue new interest, like my GW. Good luck Steve, hope your family appreciates all the free time you will have for them.

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
imported post

wingmin wrote:
Hey guys! thank you for the warm welcome... I look forward to be part of this forum, this community :) There are not much words that could come out from me as Steve had said it all above. Thank you Steve and the amazing staff for making this forum the way it is now and for future growth!

Don't be shy to PM me for any concerns, ideas, site issues, whatever it is...

Marco
Welcome Marco from a fellow Cunuclehead ( west coast). I spent 15 years in TO before deciding to come back to the coast. You'll find thai to be a great forum with a emmensly great bunch of pll on. I am sorry to hear that Steve is stepping down but I guess it had to happen This is my home forum & I am on 16 forums, 10 of which are GW forums. Due to health problems I just had to sell my Baby but I will be back on a wing within 2 years.

So Steve. Does this mean I can expect to see you posting mor often here & possibly with Pete & Derek & all the Brit crew? Hope we will still have Dylan as well still posting.:applause::applause::needahug::needahug::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

I don't think they are going away Angela, both wingnut senior and junior are still posting. Probably a lot less behind the scenes work for Steve now, which will give him more time for living a normal life.

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
imported post

andy1800 wrote:
I don't think they are going away Angela, both wingnut senior and junior are still posting. Probably a lot less behind the scenes work for Steve now, which will give him more time for living a normal life.
Thanks Andy but I never thought he'd go away. He has always been so busy that he was never able to sit back & just post his head off & that is what I was commenting on. And I was hoping I would see him posting on one of the spinoffs. Derek's site is my # 2 site because it has all the guys & gals that I started with here. Sort of. If I can ever fulfill my Bucket list, I will get to meet all the oldtiomers from the start of this forum. I see that I joined a year after you. I love this site & I love Steve & his ppl. There is nobody on this site that I do not like. Can't say that for a few of the other sites I am on. I don't post as much but I still am on the site at least once a day & read most of the new posts. And that is all because of our Steve. Cheers Angela .:applause::applause::applause::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
He has always been so busy that he was never able to sit back & just post his head off & that is what I was commenting on.
He doesn't post much but is here every day, showing as logged in. I never really liked forums where the owner had the most posts, it always makes me feel like he or she is looking over my shoulder. Never felt that here, Steve just leaves us to it while he takes care of things in the background.

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
imported post

JWayne wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
He has always been so busy that he was never able to sit back & just post his head off & that is what I was commenting on.
He doesn't post much but is here every day, showing as logged in. I never really liked forums where the owner had the most posts, it always makes me feel like he or she is looking over my shoulder. Never felt that here, Steve just leaves us to it while he takes care of things in the background.
Hey guys I 'm not saying anything negative about Steve. He & this site have been like medicine for me & as far as his being here evryday, well so am I but that olny means that my comuter is turned on as I never log out. when I finish with this site, I just hit the Red X and close the window. With the exception of the board being down or my own cputer with problems I am always on. The reference I made to his posting more was that now he has the time for himself & not to have to be dealing with all aspects of keeping a site alive just so we all have a place to go to celebrate our passion in Goldwings. It was because of this site that most of the other Wing sites were stared. Tanygear, Derek, Vic, Dean, Dan Scott & a few others I cannot remember just now, were all members here before starting thier own sites. This is THE best site for monitoring content & keeping thing from getting out of hand.:applause:

Steve, thank you, thank you, thank you. You are the greatest!!!!!!!! Good luck in whatever you chose to do for your relaxation. Hope you & the big "D" have a lot of time to just get out there & PLAY. Steve bhfuil tú le cara daor, is féidir liom i ndáiríre grá agat. Cheers Angela:applause::applause::applause::bowing::bowing::bowing::band::badgrin::action::action::action::action::action:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]:sobbing:[/align]

·
Premium Member
58,244 Posts
imported post

Steve thanks for this very nice forum. We all love it.
And Marco very welcom here, hope you will keep this nice
forum as nice as it is. Succes.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

WOW! Just read this Steve and all. Been out working this month so away from computer but on with the phone web so been limited and hadn't checked the general forum much.
Well done Steve. Sounds right for all. Thanks bro.:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

There is that old expression, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, change is a constant, a necessary constant, it is needed for healthy growth. I will admit to a bit of trepidation over the change of hands. Let's face it, Steve has pretty much catered to all out needs and we've become a bit spoiled.

But, bearing that thought in mind, I can't believe that Steve would do this without assuring the best for the site first. And I have no doubt the amount of time and energy that maintaining this site drains.

It's your baby Steve, we're here enjoying the ride. If you feel this is best for the site AND FOR YOU, then it's the right thing.

Thanks for creating this place for us.

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
imported post

Well now an hour later it is it's old speedy self. When I clicked on my link, it can up within a second.:applause::applause::applause::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::D:D

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Steve,

I bought my first wing almost 6 years ago. I stumbled upon this community about the same time. This site has given me huge support, help and confidence in learning how to maintain, repair and enjoy my wing.

Motorcycling is my passion and this site has become an integral part of my motorcycling experience. Thank you Steve for creating it, and the moderators who make it possible and for all the members who make it the fine place that it is.

I realize that the site isn't going anywhere and that Steve and the mods are still going to be around, but I suspect that this is a significant landmark in the history of this site. Where it goes from here, time will tell.

Steve, I am proud to have met you and Dylan at Nassir 3. You have contributed hugely to the motorcycling community through this website. You have also created a special place where we were given the opportunity to help through the occasional fundraiser. You have touched many lives and helped make the world a better place.

I think this change was inevitable. I am sure it was a tough decision. You have much to be proud of. Well done and again, thank you.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Haven't been on in a while and my was kind of scared to open this post. This forum has pulled me out of more then one problem on my wing with the past information and the current knowledge of the group.

Steve, take the much needed break.
Marco, welcome to the family.

James

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Congratulations on your retirement as full administrator of this site Steve. I know full well how much effort and time that goes into running a web forum and I find it incredible how much one must be involved ina motorcycle forumwebsite to keep it functioning properly and to keep up with the demands that members place on an admineven thoughmy site is a much smaller site than this one.

I want to personally thank you for asking me to be the very first Guru on this site. At that time it really meant a lot to me to hear you say how much I helped this site in the beginning and to know that I was appreciated so much here at this forum. It was sharing my knowledge and experience, here,with Gold Wing folks that prompted me to start http://www.gl1200goldwings.com and I have never looked back since then, although, I have been back here many times to visit and more importantly, you came over to my site to join as a member to support and encourage me. This is characteristic of the person you are and have always have been here at this site, fair, honest and supportive and always willing to make things right.

May your retirement as full admin be joyful and stress free Steve and it is my hope that this site continues to grow and blossom because it is and always has been a wonderful place to be if you own a Gold Wing motorcycle.

Take care and enjoy your newfreedom and extra timeSteve.

Sincerest regards, Vic Belanger

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.