Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A hearing is set for monday the 14th !
I know not many if anyone here knows why I cant drive right now but I havent driven a vehicle since 1998 legally. In the past 5 years I havent driven at all since getting pulled over for the last time with alcohol on my breath. It landed me a year in the pokey !
Well while in there they offered me a work detail which paid $6.50hr towards my fines.
I was placed at a National Cemetary Burying Veterans.
One day I was handed a box, I was instructed not to dirty it up and or set it down for any reason . OK i said thinking it was a tool.

An hour later getting tired of holding this tool, Iinquired as to when the Guest of Honor would arrive (thats the Deceased Veteran) Well they promptly and without feeling told me the guest of honor was in my hands and its a Dead 2-1/2 month old baby boy named Christian Micheal. Killed by his FATHER Drunk Driving.

Right then and there I knew for the rest of my life I would never Drink Alcohol again, I have been sober 4-1/2 years now as of this.

Now for the good news!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called Olympia today.

I got ahold of the Hearings Dept, I inquired about my Hearing status.

It took a bit for the woman to dig it up on the computer or pull my file, She said I was eligible on the 7'th . I asked about the hearing and she said it had been transfered to the Seattle Office off Pike st.

I asked for the number there and promptly called there instead.

I finally get ahold of the hearings officer and after she too dug up my files from wherever, She informed me it was still in planning for a hearing date. I informed her I was up for reinstatement on Jan-7'th and she said yes, Eligible for consideration that is.

Well, I informed her of what all Carole in Olympia was saying and made it out to sound as if i would be able to drive again on the 7'th. She said she always does.

Well i said I was clean and sober the last 4-1/2 years again and asked her how long until my hearing again and she got the book and asked when I would be available - I said ANY TIME ANY DAY 24hrs A DAY. She laughed!

She asked, How about 2:00 Pm on Monday the 14th?

I AM FREAKIN OUT !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hey thats Valentines day ,,this could be the start of a love affair with your goldwing ...Best of luck and let us all know how you get on ...Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ran429 wrote:
Well i said I was clean and sober the last 4-1/2 years again and asked her how long until my hearing again and she got the book and asked when I would be available - I said ANY TIME ANY DAY 24hrs A DAY. She laughed!

She asked, How about 2:00 Pm on Monday the 14th?

I AM FREAKIN OUT !!!!!!!
HappyValentine's day, here's hoping for you!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

Good Luck on Monday,sounds like you're ready and I hope you have learned it doesn't pay to drink and drive. Don't want it to sound like I'm preaching but I have picked up to many bodies because of drunk drivers. Once again GOOD LUCK!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

You guy's have no clue how much I hate alcohol. I actually gag at the smell of it now.

I havent been here very long, But I post on many many sites for my bikes and truck. Always the one to post those everlasting Dont drink and drive warnings, I also share why I am sober as I just did above. If my experiences stop just one person from dying early then I did it right.

Randy.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Hi Ran429,

Here's wishing you all the best. Makes me wish I were in the area so I could come by just for moral support.

Regardless of your reason(s), I'm glad you no longer drink and drive. I myself rarely consume, and never when driving. I can only wish that more would follow your example.

I hope you understand the irony when I say "Cheers" to you on your accomplishment, and hope that the 14th is indeed a good day for you.

Sincerely,

Jack Smith

Knoxville, TN

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

All the best for your date. I hope that your story will help others to learn not to drink and drive.

Hopefully :walker:will be replaced by:15white:

Regards

Andrew

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey ran429, :waving:The very best of good luck to you on the 14th Feb '05. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

Ran429,

Takes a brave person to come onto a public forum and admit what you done:clapper::clapper:. Hope all goes well for you on the 14th

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

If my posting what I have gone though these past 5 years Detours just ONE person from getting behind the wheel or on a bike after drinking, then I did right in my journey.

I am not ashamed of where I came from, Just who I was. Alcohol is a evil evil thing.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Well done Randy. You probably got away ligtly and your experience will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Good Luck Randy. The very best to you tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hi ran294

Good luck for Monday, This hard lesson will make you a better person.

Don't treat alcohol as an evil :cooldevil:thing, any thing can be evil if you let it.

The rest is up to you.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Ran - as Manx says its been a hard lesson but by the sounds one you have learnt from - Good luck for Monday - and let us know how you ge ton

Cheers

Phil

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Best of luck. I work with and/or deal with people on a daily basis in my profession, which share your history. I find it frustrating as they return to me time and time again, year after year, because they can't shake the monkey. The over whelming majority of people in our system, no matter what their crime is, is one way or another drug or alcohol related. I truly wish I could see more of your current type of success for my own personal selfish gratitude, rather than feeling like it was time well wasted.

Kyle

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.