Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,416 Posts
imported post

Stainless lines are a modification so they are a no-no unless originally available from the manufacturer....blah blah blah. Common sense does not apply to the govies.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
imported post

Stainless lines are OK if you buy them in the USA, carry them over the border AND THEN install them. Makes perfect sense to me. :shock:

They want the Canadian stealerships to make the labor money. Ha Ha. Ain't happening.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

Hodgy wrote:

So, can you de-trike a trike, import it and then re-trike it ?

Just thought I would stir the pot a bit.

I had a friend do exactly what you just asked. It came across with no problems at all. However, he said make sure you know what you are doing when de-triking, then re-triking. He had a couple of problems doing the re-trike and it took some looking around to find someone who would help him.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,708 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
I have fired off an email to Transport Canada. I want it in writing that I can bring a 15 year old Trike into Canada via the Importation Process.

Lets see what they put in writing.
Here is the official reply from Transport canada

" Thank you for contacting Transport Canada.

A Honda Golddwing that has been modified into a trike, is not admissible for importation into Canada, unless you can prove to Canada Border Services Agency's (CBSA) satisfaction that this modification was done more than 15 years ago. We suggest you contact CBSA before importing and inform them of your intent to import such a vehicle and to submit your proof of age of modification. You can contact them at the following below.

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Within Canada: 1-800-461-9999
Outside Canada: 1-204-983-3500 or 1-506-636-5064
Internet Address: www.cbsa.gc.ca"

:applause::applause::applause:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Thank you all, I also emailed RIV. They replied A) a trike is not admissible. then went on further to state B) if the trike modification was 15 years or older it is admissible, but you must be able to show documentation the modification was done/completed 15 years or more. Sounds like it is do-able, however it may be difficult to produce documentation showing the date modification was completed. I think I'll get a standard wing.

Again thanks to all for the help.:waving:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.