1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Well I have started to look at getting myself the 1800 :grinner:

I love my 1500, and from all I have read it is all this and more. I have put off taking an 1800 for atest ride so far, as I know this will be the final straw for my savings.

Tthe best way looks to purchase one from you guys over the pond. Uk prices are just out of the question, I have seen them advertised in the USA for $16,100 (2005 model) a huge reduction on prices here. (unless anyone knows better) What about European prices? If I was to purchase one anywhere in Europe, I could at least ride it back.... does anyone know of any good dealers/deals?

Have any of you guys actually done this? If so who did you use?

The additional prices are also a little confusing, as the ones here appear to be out of date. Does anyone know the FULL amount that would have to be added to the bike for transportation, import duty, tax, etc, etc....

I can only get one, if I can do it for the right money....... it is hard enough convincing a non biking wife as it is.

I have relatives in the states that will help with anything if need be (apart from payment :p )

I am interested to hear the best deals you guys know of, if any?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

A lot of UK guys are coming over to Ireland and buying Wings. The +50% strength of the UK pound makes all the difference.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply Eamonn1200

I am not sure what the prices are in Ireland. I fear they will still be a whole lot more than the USA or Canada. I would appreciate any links to sites/dealers that you know are doing a deal.

I haven't even seen a decent second hand one here (rip off Britain), for the price of a new one in the USA.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey mark1247 :waving:Have a look at the :18red:eek:n the For Sale section of this forum at http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/4090.html :clapper:This :18red:is well priced at 20,000euro O.N.O. and most importantly she is the fastest colour. :weightlifter:The biggest problem with the :18red:from the states they are all left hand drive. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi ,,I have 3 american spec 1800 s here in Ireland for sale ,,2001 yellow ,2002 red and a 2003 silver ,,drop me a pm and I will give you prices ..cheers Ciaran

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey wexman :stumped: Why dont you post some photo's here of those three :18red::18yellow::18grey:and let us all see them.

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I will later on this week ,,They only just arrived and I have been away ,,So I hope to have the photos up by wed ,,I can also get you a new honda 50 REDWING if you want one ,,But I think you are happy with your old one :D:DCiaran

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Pm sent wexman.

Although now I have a greater decision, an 1800 or a C50 :p

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

STALSALOT wrote:
Branch out and get a c50 and make Redwing feel loved and wanted
:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Hi, I am a new member to this site and saw your posting. I too am interested in importing a goldwing and wondered if you had got any further with your enquiries, Cheers Bri

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

This seems to me a very sensible discussion. I am not in the market for a bike, but it would be excellent for all members to have access to the best priced bikes. There must be quite a few Brits who might be tempted, save for the fact that as Mark1247 points out, we are Rip Off Britain, and the prices are incredible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.