Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Hey sixt5, thanks for the info!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I wonder if the poor reception is due to not having the receiver tuned to the antenna properly. I have no problem listening to a Seattle AM station almost all the way to Portland, OR. A good 120 miles with clean reception and plenty loud on the speakers at 70 mph on a stock 93 Aspy.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

The radio stations in large metropolitan areasbroadcast with upward of 75k to 100k watts of power. Some media have repeater towers so that they can reach a larger audience.

I'm luck if the most powerful station nearest to me puts out 25k to 50k watts of power.

As I stated earlier, if you're satisfied with the radioreception you're getting, the antenna booster will not help.

Topography plays a part in the reception also.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

sixt5 wrote:
The radio stations in large metropolitan areasbroadcast with upward of 75k to 100k watts of power. Some media have repeater towers so that they can reach a larger audience.
I'm luck if the most powerful station nearest to me puts out 25k to 50k watts of power.
That's true, however most receivers havea trimmer and coil to tune the receiver and antenna together for the best impedance match. It's not unusual for these settings to be off a ways. The radio in my truck was a bit weak until I adjusted the antenna tuning across the AM band.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
imported post

had them on cars years ago they work great ..............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.