Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
May God bless you all and the entire Halfing Family is sending prayers out for those left behind that will mourn the loss of their loved ones even more profoundly during this special time of year.

:praying::sad::praying2:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
On May 20, 2013, We add another "Candle of Remembrance"....Our member, and friend Scott Richmond was killed in an auto accident. Scott had just retired January of this year at age 54 years old. Scott had posted several time about how he was looking forward to this summer and going on rides and places that he didn't have the time for..Scott Will make rides along with former members who have left us too soon, where everyday will be a "riding day", and no pains of this world, where he will be waiting on us to join him and the others one day...Till then we will miss Scott..Our Heart felt Prayers to his Families, both his "Real Family", ad his "Extended Family"...Rest In Peace Scott, you will be missed...

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Yesterday June 3rd, 2013 We lost a very good friend to so many of our forum members....John Laramore, also known to us as "Johnboy"...My heart is broken, Our member Johnboy was a just one of those people that if he could help you in any way, he was Johnny on the spot to give you support, a helping hand or open not only his heart but his wallet...John is going to be missed by so many of us...John was a regular contributor to this forum, him and his wife Peg, rode their Goldwing to several of our NASSIR M&G's, John was very active in the planning for N-6..This year to be held in Canada...Jesus it's hard to set here knowing that we lost not only a Forum Member, but a husband and a great friend...May John Rest in Peace, I know that John will not have to suffer in this old cruel world, he will be riding a Goldwing made of gold, riding with those who have gone before him, and they will be riding those streets of Gold, until it's our turn to join them..What a joyous day to look forward to...May God walk with his loved ones in the coming days, weeks and months, may his hands cover them with his love, know that you are not alone Peg....We are here for you....:praying:....

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
God Bless all of our lost friends here. Thanks UBarw for starting this thread and maintaining it, and for the Remembrance graphic with all their names in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just meeting John and Peg last year at NASSIR 5, it didn't take long to know they were very good people. May all of Johns family feel strength and comfort from thier many friends. Thank You for the gift of meeting you both. My Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Heavens Newest Goldwingers

D-Rod called me last nite., and told me of our loss. I am shocked and very saddened by this. Good friends, who would give their shirt off of their back, and go out of their way to come and see you. I've prayed for their families. I also ask God to embrace them in his arms and embrace them all.
God Bless You All.
Sincerely and saddened,
David

·
Administrator
57,504 Posts
Douglas Michael West "Mohawk" Passed away May 29, 2013

From D-Rod's post
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/434329-douglas-michael-west-mohawk-passed-away-may-29-2013-a.html#post2199097

It is with a heavy heart to post this but Douglas Michael West "Mohawk" passed away May 29, 2013. We have no details on what happened. He had been talking about having a new Goldwing and loving it and his last post was about getting his car washed by God on the way to and from work.
http://www.falardeaufh.com/obituarie...hp?id=2013-151
Button Lady hadn't seen his post in a long time and checked his facebook page and found out the bad news. Mohawk was a very generous and helping individual who was always there when you needed him. He was a member of the Patriot Guard. He would help cook for the Veterans and the homeless. Many will remember he made it here to NASSIR 3 in Hamburg, New York and gave us about 20 stainless steel fork braces that he made for the members. Since no one knew about his passing I do not believe there was a presence from the forum. Mike's wife had passed away in his arms a short time after NASSIR 3. While she was sick the forum offered him a ride with her with the members and going out for a nice meal. He wouldn't hear of it. Please post your comment on the obituary link and mention that you are from the Goldwing forum so they know he was loved by his brothers around the world.
The photo is from NASSIR 3 with Nobbie, Mohawk and Cousin Jack in the front and Johnboy ( who just passed) in the back. The other photo is Mohawk cooking for the veterans and homeless.

Found a link to the accident. http://www.cnycentral.com/weather/story.aspx?id=903777

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Back after Doug's wife passé away I asked if he would like for me to add her name to our "In Remembrance thread, he said wait, and he would let me know when...Now Today we add another candle for our member Douglas West, beneath his name will be his wife's name, they are together now, here and riding those paths with others who have left us too soon...Rest in Peace Brother Rest in peace...

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Today I was informed that the wife of one of our members had passed away..Usually I try in my feeble ways to say something, but this time I'm quoting Bill Ladigo because he has said it better...And I quote:

"It is with a heavy heart that I pass on to the forum family the announcement of Linda "Roadrunner" Strauder passing away yesterday, July 8th. She is the wife and "Pipewrench" Norman and was one of the first members of The Rhino Family.

Many of you know her and she was remembered for riding in the blue sidecar attached to the 1800 at Midwest MNG with Pipewrench and their other family member "Rusty". They participated in these events as well as many others over the years with the Rhinos.

She is now in a much better place as she has suffered with a long illness. I can tell you that in her last days among us on this earth, Pipewrench was reading all the posts of prayers over the July 4th weekend in the Rhino thread to her to give her comfort. It is simply amazing on how this forum has turned all of us into a family.

She didn't post that much on the forum but don't think I didn't get a phone call (and an ear full) when she had something to say! ;)

She was loved and will be missed by many here on this forum and within the Rhino Group.

May She Rest In Peace....

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I have provided Halfling with a new graphic with the names up to date. At this point it needs a mod to edit the first post. Hang tight.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
aw heck. Theres a white stripe at the bottom that I missed. Dangit.

Thanks for replacing the image, John!

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Today we were notified of the passing of a valued member of this forum...WDA-83 aka Wayne Alger became a member in May of 2006, in the following years Wayne was always ready to give information or go put his hands on a problem. Wayne will be missed by this Community of Goldwing riders..Our heart felt Condolences and Prayers to his family and all of his friends...Rest in Peace Wayne.. Rest in Peace...:praying:

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Mollie Jo Ragonesi 12/5/47-7/21/14

I was not aware we had this Remembrance thread, but since we do here is where I wish to remember my Mollie.

Mollie Jo was my significant other, a term accepted for those that live together or share their lives together, we were not married.

She walked into my life several years ago and we immediately found common interests, especially motorcycles. We built Steelhorse Restoration together and were in the stages of a massive expansion of buying a shop and a new home.

Mollie loved riding anytime be it 2am on the Goldwing down dark empty highways listening to the radio or during the day just cruising on the Yamaha Venture Royale, she liked the Royale slightly better cause it made her seating closer to me, she was not a big woman but with her German Russian background and her long blonde hair she was very attractive, the pics I do use of her show her from a year or so before I met her when she was a bit more "plump".

Mollie was a state sponsored foster care mother, at times she had as many as three foster children, for over two years she cared for my own son who was autistic, without her he may not be the good man he is now and back in my home as a loving son.

Moliie had very little family in Alaska, her son I have not heard from since her passing and also nobody has told me of any service, the only thing I hear is "maybe in October" wich greatly saddens me, that is so cruel to be taken away suddenly and then to have your own family just walking away from you, no obituary, no service, no funeral.

But I will not forget, in time I will try to get some more recent photos, for now it appears as though her home and possessions are slowly being sold off. If only I had made a more binding marriage contract I could legally step in and put a stop to whats happening.

Here is to Mollie, my friend and soulmate that I seriously doubt I will ever see while standing on earth, maybe in Australia I might possibly find another with her same style, energy and intelligence.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Our "Honored" members are:

svcmike............Kentucky, USA

Sage................Alberta, Canada

techxan1234.....Texas, USA

Paradox2221.....British Columbia, Canada

zonk3939..........New York, USA

Ironhog............Pensacola, USA

Motorcycle Pete..Oregon, USA

Pop Fly.............Kansas, USA

idriveu.............Canada

Bagmaster.......South Carolina,USA

Andrew Weisburg...Oregon, USA

Roundmanfabrication.....Arkansas, USA

Brian Griffith....Son of Round man

Gina Krammer...Nebraska, USA

Carol S. Handleson....Texas, USA

Kathy Jo Stevens...Tennessee, USA

Welsh Winger.......United Kingdom

Julie Duffy............United Kingdom

Scott Richmond....Washington, USA

John Laramore.....Canada

Douglas West......New York USA

Susan West........New York USA

Linda "Roadrunner" Strauder...Kansas USA

Wayne Alger.......Georgia USA

Each one of them came into our lives as strangers and each one left a small piece of themselves with us....They left us with their friendship, their sense of humor, and they left us to rejoice their victory......So in their honor we light one candle for each of them to show that we haven't, nor will we ever forget them....

Rest in Peace.......

Claude......
Wow... this is amazing. I think this is a first in the forums I have seen. R.I.P

·
Premium Member
12,687 Posts
I would like to add the name of Bob Smith/Goldwings4Ever . Bob has been a friend since first meeting him at NASSIR I. Bob was always a happy fellow with a great smile and plenty of laughter. As NASSIR VI host , fellow Rhino member , longtime forum member I will greatly miss Bob and his friendship. Rest in peace my friend. Ride all the golden highways .
Anita,may the Lord watch over you and the family and bring you the comfort that only he can provide.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts