Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clutch fluid leak that is leaking from the hose located by the engine rear, leading to the slave cylinder. the repair chop I took my wing to said i need to replace the whole master cylinder unit(which includes that hose). any help would be appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a clutch fluid leak that is leaking from the hose located by the engine rear, leading to the slave cylinder. the repair chop I took my wing to said i need to replace the whole master cylinder unit(which includes that hose). any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Find another repair shop. The hose does not come with the master cylinder unit.

While I have not bought anything from western honda, they have a really nice parts look up.

https://shop.westernhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=426342&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1984&fveh=13046

The part that connects to the slave cylinder
PIPE, CLUTCH
22895-MG9-013 (replaces 22895-MG9-003)

Searching for 22895-MG9-013 on e-bay gives six lines. Five of them from the same seller for $28.95

·
Administrator
25,352 Posts
Not easily. What you need is a new clutch line, easiest is to get a braided SS line, someone else will have info on where to get it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see. would I be able to take it to a hydraulics shop and possibly get a custom fitting/shape?

·
Administrator
25,352 Posts
Maybe. The whole thing is one piece from top to bottom, you have to disassemble the bike or cut the line in pieces.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seriously? it just looks like multiple pieces, at least two pieces, but i wouldnt know. if I do take the bike apart. where Can I find the instructions to do it? abd wgat happened to western honda? do they not have a parts fiche anymore?

·
Administrator
25,352 Posts
Sorry, it is 2 pieces, but the part you need does include the metal line that goes up along the frame. Instructions are in the manual, basically remove the top shelter. Don't know about western honda, looks like their site is down. But there is

·
Administrator
25,352 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally got my new clutch hose in the mail. Is there anyway to test it for leaks before I install it? also what would be the easiest way to install?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts