Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy and Happy New Year to One and All, I find myself in a dilemma. I am in need of a hand mike that will work on the five pin plug in on a 2007 GL 1800. I bought a new scorpion covert helmet and find that I cannot put an in helmet speaker mike combo without having to send it to the J&M factory for a custom installation which of course will be more than I'm prepared to spend right now. Plus I am planning on joining a winter run and would like to have comms with the other riders. So if anyone has one of these that happens to be lying around let me know. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I'm guessing a J&M one from a GL1500 is different. I have one of those. Not sure about the number of pins. I do know its a round plug.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
AFAIK hand mikes come with the PPT switch included, and it wont work with the GL config. In my case, I got the mike, oppened the plug and re-wire it to fit the GL config, removing connections of the PPT all toghether, then using the PPT in the handle bar as normal; and set the CB to be hear thru the speakers. I strap the mike near my left shoulder for easyness. That leaves my hands free.

·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
AFAIK hand mikes come with the PPT switch included, and it wont work with the GL config. In my case, I got the mike, oppened the plug and re-wire it to fit the GL config, removing connections of the PPT all toghether, then using the PPT in the handle bar as normal; and set the CB to be hear thru the speakers. I strap the mike near my left shoulder for easyness. That leaves my hands free.

The hand mike that I had, worked just like it should, PPT and all.

I don't recall the brand name, but it was made for the Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the gl 1500 and the gl 1800 hand mikes are, from what I've been told are the same up to about 2010. Mines a 2007.
Would you be willing to part with it and if so how do we want to arrange payment???? do you by chance have a paypal account??

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow got so excited I quick replied the wrong msg....1st do you want to part with it, 2nd how much would you like for it, 3rd how do you want to arrange pymnt if you do want to part with it, 4th I am told that the gl1500 mike will work on the gl 1800 up to about 2010-12 mine is a 2007. let me know if interested. if you got paypal we could do that.
Murph

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Send me a pm.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
My old J&M had a 7 pin round plug... The mic harness inside the left fairing pocket was also changed to a 7 pin and 2 extra wires were tied across the PTT line of the CB...

You could accomplish the same thing by paralleling the hand held mic audio with pins 1 and 2...

headsetwires.jpg

Then just parallel the PTT switch wires on the mic with the CB PTT wires...

CB Selector.jpg

Basically the white wire is grounded when PTT is pressed...

Check the link for additional info

https://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29601

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
wow got so excited I quick replied the wrong msg....1st do you want to part with it, 2nd how much would you like for it, 3rd how do you want to arrange pymnt if you do want to part with it, 4th I am told that the gl1500 mike will work on the gl 1800 up to about 2010-12 mine is a 2007. let me know if interested. if you got paypal we could do that.
Murph
Hi Murph:
For sure I would like to help you, but it will be to expensive indeed, probably over $100 just for shipping via DHL.

I’ll be very glad to help and guide you thru modification like I did in mine; it only takes soldering two wires in the 5 pin Din plug.
All you need is a Cb mike and a 5 pin DIN plug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts