Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

(Should have read: In Spokane Area)

Bike is new to me and would like to know before taking trips if the noises I'm hearing are normal - sounds kind of ticky to me, but what do I know.

Just meet in parking lot someplace and give me benefit of someone who knows what it's supposed to sound like.

Thanks

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Hmmmm........ must not be any wingers in the Spokane area Gronk. Your description sounds like a average wing to me. At 84,000, and if it has been maintained regularly, it should be very solid yet. Maybe buy a can of seafoam...... put half of it in a full tank of gas and the other half in the crank case oil. Run that bike with this mixture for a couple hundred miles. (the full tank of gas )Change the oil and filter. Many here like delo 400 15-40 diesel oil or shell rotella 15-40. See what you think after that. The engine flush and the fuel mix will remove unwanted carbon build up on valves and piston tops. The engine flush will break loose any sludge build up. See what you think. Maybe do the treatment 2 times or so if the engine seems really dirty. Don't run the engine too hard with the seafoam in the oil. You will not be required to remove oil to add the seafoam. The seafoam should help quiet down the ticking valves.(if thats what you are hearing)

Then ride it like you stole it.

Best of luck to you and hope you enjoy............

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Well not any chatty ones anyway. lol
Promise guys, just want an opinion, not a stalker, mugger, etc. Willing to meet at place of your choosing - Safeway, C.O.P.S., Starbucks...

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

gronk99 wrote:
Promise guys, just want an opinion, not a stalker, mugger, etc. Willing to meet at place of your choosing - Safeway, C.O.P.S., Starbucks...
I graduated from Shadle Park sometime back. Ride it over here and let me hear it.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
gronk99 wrote:
I graduated from Shadle Park sometime back. Ride it over here and let me hear it.
Shadle sucks, NC rules. :D

I'm only 300 miles away so ride west sir and I'll give it a listen. :)

Actually what Dancinbear said is good advice I think. I think they all have a little tick and most have a knock at first when you start them up, but should go away in a couple of seconds. Clean oil ports and a good oil will probablyclear up most of it up.

I'm going to be in Spokane sometime this Summer most likely, so if you don't have any answers by then I'll try to hook up with you.

John

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
imported post

Gonk..I am about 40 mins soulth of you..Send me a PM and i will try to get up that way or can meet somewhere half where..

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

FangGL1200 wrote:
Gonk..I am about 40 mins soulth of you..Send me a PM and i will try to get up that way or can meet somewhere half where..
Well done. :clapper:

John

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I am from spokane..........but just had my wing for one week so I am probably greener than you are. LOL My bike has 92000 miles on it and it makes a weird rattle when in neutral but it goes away when I take off. Wish I could help but I don't have the savy yet. My neighbor has been riding wings for years I will ask him and maybe he will have an answer for you. If you are interested in going for a day trip, contact me and we can set something up.

keep the wind in your face Dragonass!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Rudy wrote:
gronk99 wrote:
Your on - can be sitting in a Shadle area parking lot on 30 min notice (unless I'm tinkering with the thing)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

gronk99 wrote:
Rudy wrote:
gronk99 wrote:
Your on - can be sitting in a Shadle area parking lot on 30 min notice (unless I'm tinkering with the thing)
Sooo disapointed- thought Rudy was just across town trip away :laughter:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

FangGL1200 wrote:
BIG thanks to Fang - rode out to see him and he gave me some reasurance.

Changing to Rotella Synth made the shifting easier, but still seem to be hearing some kind of pinging noise between 2-3K. Ran 1/2 can of SeaFoam through - no change.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

There's a book/DVD in that "What does a 1200 Gold Wing sound like?" The follow up sequel being "What does a 1200 Gold Wing smell like?"

I'd listen or smell any Wing not
but if you close your eyes you'll smear my Ducati sounds like a Cockshutt tractor and smells like a Sophia Loren

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

wish my dad knew about wings cause he lives in rathdrum idaho, a meer 20 minutes

away. was up there last september on the LTD. nice ride except for the bugs between pocatello and idahofalls in the I-15.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.