Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A naval story

A transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you must divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I think you left out the punch line of this joke :)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

it should read ...

CANADIANS ..You must divert your course ..this is the lighthouse keeper from the light house in front of you ..or something to that effect :cheeky1:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:shock:[shadow=red]Lord!!![/shadow] :shock:[/align]

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Only a sailor would understand ....... they're safer at sea. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I am fine on water as long as I can see land, if no land, no sea. I'm not a fish.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

This is probably as old a joke as ships and lighthouses. I heard it over 45 years ago when I first enlisted in the US Navy.

Still funny, especially when I think of the reaction of everyone on the bridge after this transmission.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/1qtt-PeHsjY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Sorry wexy you were right !!.
This is the original story

Sometimes those who try and pull rank get their come-uppance.
One foggy night, a United States Aircraft Carrier was cruising off the coast of Newfoundland and the junior radar operator spotted a light in the gloom. Here is a transcript of what happened next.

The radar operator worked out that a collision was likely unless the other vessel changed its course. So he sent a radio message.

U.S. Aircraft Carrier Radar Officer:
'Please divert your course at least 7 degrees to the south to avoid a collision'.
Back came the reply: 'You must be joking, I recommend you divert your course instead'.
The U.S. Radar Officer referred the matter to his superior officer. And reported the incident as subordination.

As a result the Captain of the Air Craft Carrier sent a second message. 'I believe that I out rank you, and am giving you a direct order to divert your course now!!!'

Canadian Radio Operator:
'This is a lighthouse. I suggest you take evasive action.'

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:D[shadow=red]!!!!LORD!!!![/shadow] :D[/align]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.