Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Abuddy andI were thinking about riding to Canada from Indiana,but are wundering if we have waited to late in the year,should we wait till next year? The plan is to ride hard to Sault Saint Marie in a day then spend most of our time in Canada 2 or 3 days riding and seeing the sights. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
imported post

Watch the weather and pick a nice 2-3 day span. SHould easily be do-able.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I was just up there labor day weekend. it has been cool at night and high 60's to low 70's for the high. take warm clothes. if it is windy when you cross the Mackinac bridge, stay in the right lane. the left lane is grated

·
Just one of the guys
4,804 Posts
imported post

I would agree with watching the forecast to pick your time to go. This time of year you could have daytime temps anywhere between 50 and 80 degrees, it just depends on what the weather fronts decide to do.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

What's ur route through lower Michigan? If the timing is right, I may be able to putt along for a little bit if ur looking for company.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Just got my passport in the mail today,not real sure of my route yet or if will will try it this year.I went to Sault Saint Marie Michgan over the 4th of July,but didnt have a passport so could not go to Canada. I could not belive it cost Like 9.00 to go over the Mackinac bridge with my GW and trailer

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I could not belive it cost Like 9.00 to go over the Mackinac bridge with my GW and trailer
Yeah ! I could not believe it ether. I told them it was only 4wheels and they say it is 3 axles and I told them it was 2 half axles and 1 full axle. and they say $9.00 please

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

The weather can be anything from great to wet and very cool. I would be prepared for cool nights if camping.

Depending on when the frost hits you should get some nice fall colours.

Are you doing a loop or there and back rides?

Keep an eye out for deer etc.

Fuel isn't a problem but I wouldn't pass a station if I was under 1/2 a tank. Fill up before you cross the border. Our prices are "obscenic" about $5.00 USG.

If you post a route you might get some specific comments.

Enjoy.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Hey there, not trying to hijack your trip but you would get to see more of Canada if you came across through Detroit & headed north of Toronto into our Cottage country, Barrie, Orillia area, you might even be able to get to Algonquin Park it would be about the same distance to Marie & you would get to see more great country.
Up around SS Marie it is beautiful, but mostly just trees & HWY 17 ( Trans Canada Hwy) is really the only route. It will also be cooler up there & post tourist season a lot of the spots will be closed down. Except for the unmarked Moose crossings.:shock:

Either way it's a great trip. if you were getting closer to Eastern Ont, we'd give you a tour. We are about 600 miles from SS Marie, it is usually our 1st stop when heading west. :waving: Ride Safe :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

We might take your advice 96aspencade if we do maybe we will look you up I would like the tour you can see so much more when someone is from the area,if you ever get in our area we could show you around. We don't really have a specific area to go to just want to see Canada's great sights. Nobbie we thought about camping but are motels a problem to find if its get to cold?

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Motels should not be an issue, especially in the southern area's. You might even run into Dusty if he's back that is his neck of the woods, Hawggy is up there too. Nobbie has a gaggle in his neighbourhood too. Lots of members in that area. (well lot's for up here anyway). Do you have a date in mind ?We'll be down in Front Royal for the NE M&G from Sept 28 - Oct 3. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

No date set yet but I know we don't have much more good weather so we need to get busy and decide.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

You have a PM

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

The Soo is just 60 miles North of The Mac bridge, but it's a barren 60 miles. Don't bother looking for hotels in between the two...they don't exist. Brimley State Park is nice camping. If you don't quite make the days distance, St. Ignace (north ide of the bridge) has lots of reasonably priced rooms. Ride safe, enjoy (I'll be heading into Indiana this weekend myself. End of the season escape :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.