Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I live in a lage city and with the number of cages trying their best todislodge me from my steed (92 Interstate) Ineed to concentrate 110% on the surrounding traffic. I have noticedon several occasions that I tend to leave the indicators on after turning a corner . I know there is a light on the dash but the volume of traffic makes it difficult to take ones eyes off the road even for a fraction of a second so I was wondering if any one of the electronic Gurus out there knows of a systemwhereby a beeping alarm (say similar to a trucks reversing alarm) could be made to sound in the headset speakers whenever the indicators flash. Maybe it cannot be done.

Regards to all.

John S.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

My '83 Interstate has self-cancelling turn signals and sometimes I wish it didn't. I wish I could leave them on a little longer when I'm travelling 60 mph and know that my turn is coming up, with cagers on my butt. I just keep reseting and signalling with my arm to make sure they know I'm turning.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

you could wire in a 12 volt peizo available at Radio shack they come in various sounds and audio levels It wires in at the turn signal flasher output

I put one on one of my older wings . If you buy one and it is too loud you can muzzle it by putting tape over the opening the more you cover the quieter it is

Neil

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Neil's got a good suggestion, if there's no Radio Shack nearby you can find turn signal beepers at car parts stores too. I put one in my old Dodge diesel for obvious reasons. The Cummins is a great engine, but not a quiet engine.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Not to mention you damn certain aren't going to forget one of those!

How about a vibrator in the seat? Very discreet and hard to ignore?

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
I live in a lage city and with the number of cages trying their best todislodge me from my steed (92 Interstate) Ineed to concentrate 110% on the surrounding traffic. I have noticedon several occasions that I tend to leave the indicators on after turning a corner . I know there is a light on the dash but the volume of traffic makes it difficult to take ones eyes off the road even for a fraction of a second so I was wondering if any one of the electronic Gurus out there knows of a systemwhereby a beeping alarm (say similar to a trucks reversing alarm) could be made to sound in the headset speakers whenever the indicators flash. Maybe it cannot be done.

Regards to all.

John S.
John, there is a product called a "signal minder" that takes the place of the flasher unit. They are somewhat adjustable for length of flash & come with small springs to place in the handlebar switch so it then becomes a momentary switch.

That device would make your bike just like a modern set-up. I installed one for a friend a few years ago & it worked quite good. I can't remember the price but it seemed like it wasn't real cheap even back then.

Link--Click Here--http://www.kisantech.com/view_product_pop.php?product=SM-2

Link-2--http://www.customdynamics.com/kisan_signal_minder.htm

Twisty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.