Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello,

I have a GL1200 LTD and I also saw You-Tube Video and liked this "Landing Gear design much more then the other one's out there. I do not think that the hight and tuck up retracted hight would cause a hindrance in corners. Secondly I am looking for a kit. I am disabled with RA and I have a very hard time at stops and startups with the high center of gravity with the bike. Other then that I would not consider any other make of transportation on and of two wheels. Before the RA hit me I was a 30-year German auto Tech. I am very sure I could make it fit and work on the 1200 from a 1500. I only need one small part that is called THE COMPLETE KIT.

I would appreciate any feed back from you or anyone out there in the procuring the KIT ether new old stock or a non-hacked take off from a 1500.

I have done a lot of work to try to find out any more info on the Landing Gear and I found this info. If any one can find out the owners name or a way to contact the owner of this CO.

Honda Landing Gear NEW ORLEANS LA

Wing Landing Gear
6954 Memphis St.
New Orleans, LA 70124
(504) 288-7975

winglandinggear.com

Please let me know.

Thank You;

Carter

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The fellow who manufactured and sold the Wing Landing Gear had his place wiped out in Katrina and no longer makes them. There is another maker of a similar product click the link below for information. They aren't cheap but cost less than a trike. Look at the Retract a Trike. They also make something called Ghost wheels but the retractable wheels look better. The Landing Gear had a speed switch that dropped the wheels automatically at 8mph and retracted them above 8mph. It seems like it should be possible to do that with the Retract a trike setup. It seems to me that it would be safer just in case on forgot to hit the switch.

http://www.trikealternative.com/retractatrike.shtml

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi,

I know that they were hit. Maybe the name of the ( name ) DBA. :stumped:I have seen all of the other ones but they do not tick under the saddle bags like the Landing Gear. That is why I am looking for an info on Used or some one that has any info on anything on the Landing Gear.

Thanks;

Carter

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
imported post

try this one : bikestotrikesnw.com

YES THIS IS IT............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts