Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Initial GL1800 Goldwing Service

654 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Viking 
#1 ·
imported post

When I bought my first wing a few months ago in a different city, the dealer highly recommended that the initial service be completed by a local Dealer as opposed to me doing it myself. He stressed how important it was to do so.

I'm confident that I can complete it myself but am curious if there any benefits in having Honda do it?

#2 ·
imported post

If you have a shop manual and are a good 'wrench', probably not.
Bobby

#3 ·
imported post

Yep, they make money that's about it.

#4 ·
imported post

I'd prpbably have it done by the dealer to avoid warrenty hassles... partcularly the first service..

ya, ya. I know.. doing it non-dealer or by selfdoesn't void the warrenty.. or maybe not even decrease the likelyhood of something being done wrong.. but it does eliminatea laterdealer argument that it was not done correctly... that is worth the extra cost to me .. at least while it is under warrenty.

#5 ·
imported post

The real benefit would be to whichever dealer does the service. They will likely charge for an entire service, but in actuality, only do an oil change. It is very expensive for the entire job, labour wise.

I would suggest that when you do it, document what you did, and keep receipts for whatever you buy to do it. I did mine at 6K Kms and now have 23K Kms on it. Time to do a full according to Honda Canada, but Honda US says it in miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.