Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:waving: Hello and thanks for allowing me to be here. If I mess up please let me know so I can learn how to do this right. My intent is to find and buy a used Goldwing--either a 1500 ccor 1800 cc. I will need to find one with a good trike conversion already installed or I will get it done. I have some old age physical problems that would be difficult to deal with on two wheels. This "second childhood" isn't quite like the "first childhood." 'Nuff said. I'll get around to letting you folksknow more about me when the need arises. I don't have that much to brag about, but I am from Texas. More later. --Jim

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum :waving:

Now pull up a chair and make yourself at home :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome JimPayne[/align]

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I will do my best to act right. I'm an old jarhead and a little hard headed sometimes, but I'm still not too old to train--so if (when) I get out of line, please let me know.

My initial goal is to find a bargain on a 1500 or 1800 Goldwing with the Hannigan (or comparable) trike kit or buy one and have the kit installed. Any suggestions, advice, hints would be appreciated. Thanks.:praying:

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello Jim and Welcome . Thank You for you time in the service . Check the "For Sale Forum ' on a regular basis , sometimes the bike you seek will turn up . I see quite a few trikes for sale on Craigslist here in my local area of central Fl . I expect it would be similar in Tx . Enjoy the forums and visit often . Best of luck in finding the right for you bike .

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome the the world of biking hope you find the right wing.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum JimPayne! :waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Small World!

From one Jim Payne to another - welcome!!

We should start a club or something?!

Have you gotten a lead on a bike yet?

Jim

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Well, this will be my second or third try at replying to posts here. Maybe this time, I'll get it right. I'm not "totally" computer illerate, but I have a SERIOUS lack of experience when it comes to fooling with forums. Like most other things--juat have to jump in to get wet.

Now about experience behind handlebars: Fact is: It has been since about 1965 since I've had my butt trying to cling to a motorcycle seat.

Just bought a 1996 Magenta colored GL1500 with 5200 miles on her. Have not seen it yet. It is having a Hannigan Trike kit applied right now. If the photos are still up, you can see it here: http://showroom.auction123.com/trikes_by_coach_rice/inventory/8849/1996/Honda/ID_1837706912.html

Will drive out to Georgia on the 14th & 15th and trailer it back to Texas if the transaction goes well. I'd love to tell you the price, but it is one of those "too good to be true" deals, so I'm sworn to keep it under my hat. Still have to take my licensing course when I get back before I can ride it. Maybe by the time I learn to ride, I can also learn to post stuff here in these forums. So, any advice will be welcomed. After all, I have a 16-week old kitty cat named Liz, a 3-year old Anatolian Shepard named Kate and a lady friend who thinks she can fuss at me from the back seat of this trike. Yep, seems females are still running my life. Wonder what I'll name the Goldwing?

Later.

--Jim Payne

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Jim--

:praying:

I tried to reply to your post but I does not seem to have worked.

Sorry 'bout the name thing. So, here I am talking to myself (again)--but now I'm also answering myself. Yeah, I guess we could start our own forum, but I wouldn't know what to name it.

As you can see in my last note, I am just now in the process of getting my Trike.

I'll talk with you later.

--Jim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.