Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have Progressive air shocks on my bike, I am wanting to connect a little air pump to them so I can just flip a switch to air them up but also need to monitor the air pressure, that is why I am looking for a small inline air gauge.

Has anyone done this or know of a small gauge that would work for my application

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

You might try looking at the industrial supplier McMaster-Carr. Their extensive catalog should be online and I think they sell to the general public. Chances are if they do not have it, it was not made.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

used to have one, but it was for add on caps on my 1000 and those caps were tapped for it to be threaded in.... cannot recall who made it now, or it is still in the "stuff" I still have. the s&w air shocks I added to 1000 have the lines come up to a junction box that still has a similar unti, so I know how much air I have put in when I add air. I am at work now, I'll have to remember to look when I get home

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thx, that would be great

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

i have done this with mine. I purchased 2 small gauges from HF one for front one for back. mounted to my right side, customized the switches etc. had to make custom lines etc. as i couldn't find readily available metric. and now i can see at a glance exactly where front and rear are.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You really don't need an inline air gauge, just putat T fitting in the airline and attach the gauge to one leg of the T. Any small air pressure gauge that you can find at auto parts storesthat has a range you like can be used. You could use the gauge from a tire pressure gauge for that matter.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

bump

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

rcmatt007 pm sent

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Get a inexpensive 12V automatic air compressor. You know, the little ones kept for emergencies. Disassemble and plumb/wire to your liking. With this you have compressor, gauge and cut-off in one package. Add valve to dump the air. Works on mine. I dump the air solo, flip the switch two-up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.