Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi bike people, my speedo is not working. A local bike shop told me it was the box assy at the tire but that is not it. they gave me one but it was wrong so I took the old one off and took it apart cleaned and inspected it the cable is good but when I spin the wheel with the cable off the box shaft dose not turn. has anyone had a problem with the gear box retainer in the wheel by the bearing? help:?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

The part you are talking about is called speedometer drive if it don't turn its junk its that simple. Take a good look at it where it meets the wheel there should be tabs on it that lock into the wheel, its a pretty simple system no rocket science here. Send me a pic of the wheel side and I'll let you know if its junk! if you need one I should have one..good luck

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

dammyankee wrote:
cable is good but when I spin the wheel with the cable off the box shaft dose not turn. has anyone had a problem with the gear box retainer in the wheel by the bearing? help:?
Sounds as if theGearBox Retainer is broken. It is a washer with two prongs that align with the gear box assembly unit.

I have known of a few to wear out. It is an inexpensive part that Honda has or can order. Take the wheel back off and look to see if it is intact. It rests against the bearing seal. Don't forget to replace the dust seal also.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

mrbswing wrote:
The part you are talking about is called speedometer drive if it don't turn its junk its that simple.
Actually, the two related parts are "speedometer gear box" and "gear box retainer" in the Honda Shop Manual and parts list.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
mrbswing wrote:
The part you are talking about is called speedometer drive if it don't turn its junk its that simple.
Actually, the two related parts are "speedometer gear box" and "gear box retainer" in the Honda Shop Manual and parts list.
I really don't care what Honda calls it:baffled: I call it a speedo drive so there:goofygrin:.lol and Honda also says take compression test on a cold engine!!! when have you ever taken a ride with a cold engine? after it has been running for one minute it is no long cold..so there:Dtill then:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

mrbswing wrote:
I really don't care what Honda calls it:baffled: I call it a speedo drive so there:goofygrin:.lol and Honda also says take compression test on a cold engine!!! when have you ever taken a ride with a cold engine? after it has been running for one minute it is no long cold..so there:Dtill then:cool:
You will care what Honda calls it when you deal with the snot-nosed-kid behind the counter who doesn't have a clue.:cool:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
mrbswing wrote:
You will care what Honda calls it when you deal with the snot-nosed-kid behind the counter who doesn't have a clue.:cool:
thats why I go where we talk the same:clapper:till then:cool:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
Why can't you get a complete used assembly, cheap.
You can by contacting ME I have well over 10,000 new and used parts for Jap bikes. I am disabled and repair bikes and sell parts to try and make ends meet so give a yell if you need some thing..till then:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Speed sensor ring. Is this it??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
Why can't you get a complete used assembly, cheap.
you can get them used on ebay all day long. Mine went bad and I got one for 8.00 pluse 3.00 shipping works great.:toast::toast:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

this is for sandcastcb750 I need the speedo ring in the wheel and a new dust seal I also need a new caliper bolt there are two one large and one small I need the small one you can e-mail me with the info and price I live in ga ([email protected]) thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.