Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay i followed all the great instructions and built my shock compression tool. I removed all the stuff and took off the Rear shock.

Tore it down no problem.

When I laid out the parts that appeared to have came out of the shock I seemed to have extra parts.

Besides the normal stuff I have 2 extra parts I think.

1. Circlip

2. Large washer

3. Seal

4. Small washer

5. Guide damper

6. another washer ?

7. Another circlip?

Left side of photo attachment.

This does not seem to be in any photos or guides I have seen.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,529 Posts
imported post

The second circlip goes up inside the outer body to hold the guide and seals down. Not sure which other washer you refer to as an extra part.

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Looking at my photo, the parts in the right side are lined up as they came out which I labeled 1-5 above.

When it got to the guide damper it became stuck. I gave it a pull and the parts in the left side of the photo came out and hit the floor by my feet.

So on the left side of the photo at the top is the 5. guide damper but the two items below it are the mystery parts.

So the circlip on the left side of the photo goes inside the outer case in the other groove, great. Now the only mystery part is the one on the left side of the photo that goes in between the guide and the second circlip. I don't know what it is and is not on any other teardown photos or Honda parts guide.

Attachments

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

So I guess this part is the only one left to identify.

It seems it would go between the inside circlip and the guide damper? If so which way does the raised part face?

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,529 Posts
imported post

It is the plate the spring sits on. The diagram doesn't show it because it doesn't show the shock disassembled with the spring out of it. It goes above the small clip in the groove on the shock.

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks, which way does the raised edge point? Toward the top or bottom of the shock?

Also to be clear in what you are saying, I put this into the inner groove then the small circlip below it? Then I reassemble the rest per the instructions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
imported post

I can not help but i did want to say those are great photos even the closeups are very good.

·
Administrator
26,529 Posts
imported post

delvis wrote:
Thanks, which way does the raised edge point? Toward the top or bottom of the shock?

Also to be clear in what you are saying, I put this into the inner groove then the small circlip below it? Then I reassemble the rest per the instructions?
That looks correct, the way you have it there with the raised center facing up.

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
26,529 Posts
imported post

delvis wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I was told to move the washer I was asking about onto the other side of the small clip on the damper and the rest is correct.
I couldn't tell by the photo which side you had it on, just assumed you had it above the clip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.