1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

From a previous thread:

Andrewl wrote
Kyle, you inspired me. I dressed up in my winterwoolies and took the old girl out of the shed this morning. Rode for 2 hours and got Bloody wet and caught in a traffic jam.

Kyle wrote:
I'm in a delima right now.....overcast.....might rain ....might not.....maybe a thunderstorm....freakin weather service is useless. I'm wanting to head about an hour out of town to attend a bud's birthday, and of course I want to take the bike. Andrewl...you just made up my mind for me. You're on the opposite side of the world and by jeez if you headed out today so am I. Thanks for the inspiration...we'll see ifI curse you later. Ride on Bro!!!!!
Andrewl Wrote:
Kyle, if you are wet and cold when you read this, remember you inspired me
Well I did get wet, but am I glad I went, If you've got the time I've got a story. Years ago I hooked up with an HD rider from Seattle who resembled Santa Clause, in Dinosaur Colorado. On the back of his bike was a leather pouch tied in behind his tire. I asked what this was about. He replied, when I go somewhere and I kind of like where I'm at, I'll take a little piece of it with me, like a piece of quartz, an agate, whatever, and put it in my Mojo Bag. I thought what a neat philosophy. The three of us (including what's her name) rode into Yellowstone. I see Jimmy kneeling behind my bike tying on a new Mojo Bag behind my back tire and he hands me an agate and says this will get you started, this is how it sorta started with me, the philosophy is that it has to be given to you. For years now I've been riding with the Mojo.

What I keep in mine is a trinket of a four leaf clover, a unicorn, and a crossthat my Irish mother gave me, the toe pin from Jimmy who years after our first encounter had a bike mishap and sent me the pin that held his toe together saying "So long as you have one, you will never need one.", From our Native Culture in Canada, I carry a pinch of tobacco, sage, sweet grass, and Jimmy's original agate, which has all been blessed by a Native Elder in a sweatlodge ceremony. A small piece of a rubber gator (a blown tire retread off a truck), a wooden nickel from Roberts Montana, and a lucky 1959 penny (my birth year)I found in the Grand Canyon, and I continue to add little tokens I pick up on our trips which I remove when we get home and have displayed on a shelf in my bar. (it's starting to overflow).

When I bought my bike from Damas Dupuis (who is dying from cancer) I asked him if he could give me some small personal item I could permanently add to my Mojo Bag. He reached into is pocket and pulled out a tiny statue of St.Jude (Patron Saint of Lost Causes) and under my protest, he insisted that I take it. (alot of the old French Catholics carry their Saint with them at all times)...this blows me away he would give it to me!!!!

This brings us back to last night when I was inspired by Andrewl from New Zealand to venture out of town to a Bud's 40th knowing chances were good I would catch bad weather.Elliot (bud) was ecstatic that we made it and that I brought the new scoot in this weather. I had a captive audience as all that were there checked out my new ride and the story behind how I found it. This of course included the story of Damas, St.Jude, and Mojo. During the evening, Elliot pulled me aside and asked if he could add something to Mojo. He said he has always been inspired behind the philosophy of Mojo, my perspective on life, and he handed me a piece of quartz crystal 2 1/2 incheshigh and about 1/2 inch wide and it has no blemishes. He had tears in his eyes as he told me that his grandmother got it in Texas and gave it to him 20 years ago and that he felt its purpose was to be passed on and this is what he wanted to do with it. I tried to refuse and said it's something that should be kept in the family. He responded "No!!!!....its going on that bike!!!!!... and that someday, I will pass it on and I will know when the time is right."

What I don't know, is how destiny is going to put a new Mojo Bag on the new bike as the old Mojo has to stay with the old bike. It's not something I can just go out and buy....it doesn't work that way. Fate, Destiny, Inspiration, and Experience are all things we inadvertently create only limited by the subconscious gumption traps we create for ourselves. GET OUT THERE AND LIVE.....IT'S NOT A LIFE STYLE, IT'S A LIFE.

Bottom line.......Thanks Andrewl for inspiring me from the opposite side of the world to ride out last night, otherwise this story never would have happened, not that anyone is interested that it was told.

R. Kylie D. Corley

My hair is turning white, my neck has always been red, my collar is still blue... Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!.... May you be a half hour in Heaven before the devil Knows you're dead...

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

What a cracking tale Kyle...not least of all because you have inspired me.

Whilst looking in the shed this morning..( for my torque wrench) I came across a small piece of crystal that a Gypsy gave to my wife about ten years ago. She told her it would bring her good luck. Well, for the past ten years things have been pretty awfull so ...as a 46 year old cynic...I went to throw it in the bin. Then it occurred to me...who,s to say things couldn't have been a lot worse over the last ten years. So..against my better judgement...I kept it.

Tomorrow I intend to acquire a Mojo bag...and the crystal will be the first thing in.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Armitage Shanks wrote
Tomorrow I intend to acquire a Mojo bag...and the crystal will be the first thing in.
The idea of this wasn't to buy a Mojo....It was to go ride around in the rain. I hope it becomes part of your Family Heritage and Tradition. It all starts somewhere.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

That's great Kyle, i enjoyed the story !

Ate lunch between chapters 3&4, but it was worth it ! Great idea, "Mojo Bag' !

When you come to Vegas if the "New Quarters" are out grab one for the "Mojo" they look pretty cool on the news! Oh ya throw in a baggy of Nevada sand too, lol !

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Windawg wrote
Ate lunch between chapters 3&4, but it was worth it !
Alright Windawg you asked for it ...the readers digest condensed version...

Because of me, Andrewl rode in the rain, therefore so did I. Before this happened Santa gave me a bag of rocks, which were blessed by an Indian, and I tied it on the back of my bike. An old guy gave me a lost cause, therefore a buddy gave me some crystal to give away as he thought it was cool, and because of this, we are all to be inspired.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Readers Digest condensed version, that's funny stuff !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thought you might get a kick out of it.

Kyle

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

I think the long version is much better.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Don't encourage me Chuck.....I got a million stories!!!!

Kyle

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Go ahead Kyle, seeings as I am bike less at the moment I have nothing but time to read good stories. On a unrelated note, how's the 1500?? I am thinking it may be an option for me seeing as Mama Honda can't seem to deal with aluminum.The 1500 has never been my favorite looking of the wings, but I am becoming very un fond of not having a bike at all. Still think the 1100 and 1200s were the best looking of the bunch, including the 1800

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Goldwinger wrote
Still think the 1100 and 1200s were the best looking of the bunch, including the 1800
I have to agree. As much as I am enjoying the 96, I feel like I have to sneak past my 82. I miss the sound it makes, and its little quirks. I managed to talk what's her name into letting me keep it. Game plan is to run the 1100 part of the season and the 96 the other part. She has bought my story as to how I can use and abuse the 1100 running back and forth to work, and save mileage on the 96 so we can keep the monster for our trips. Just too many miles and years on the 82 to trust it on our long hauls. (besides, with the trailer, what's her namecan now pack a hair dryer) I feel on top of the world right now, absolutely the best of 2 worlds. I admit I'm a little intimidated with all that plastic houseing. Hell, I don't even know how the heck you get at the plugs, little alone attempt a tire change!!!

I'm into my 25th year and my staff had a new mojo made for me, and it's color matched to the bike. The tradition lives on!!!!

There is still that 98 in Morden with 48,000klm for $13,000. Might be worth the trip.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Whatever you do don't restart the "What is the Best Goldwing Ever" debate.

Wingnut will run out of room on the server for another round of hotly contested debate on why my bike is the best.

Andrew:12grey:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
Whatever you do don't restart the "What is the Best Goldwing Ever" debate.

Wingnut will run out of room on the server for another round of hotly contested debate on why my bike is the best.

Andrew:12grey:
I have no doubt the 1800 is the best technologically,(If they could only fix that folding frame problem)but from a shear looks perspective the 11 and 1200 are the winners. In my humble opinion.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Aie Vaie....Does this mean I'm gonna have to add a 1000 and a1200, and an 1800 to my collection just to cover all the bases. Man....that's a lot of MOJO BAGS!!!!!!

Kyle

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Kyle,:whip:

Today I rode in the rain, cold and mist. You have alot to ask for. Thought I saw cbhon on the motorway going the other way.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Has been raining cats and dogs here!!!!!

What's a cbhon, that was going the other way?

Kyle

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

cbhon is another member of this fine site. Rides a red 1500

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Ahhhh..Memory is refreshed.....It's raining so I think I'll go for a ride, at least there's no lightning

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

It was a beautiful fine sunny winters day today. Quick 1 and 1/2 blat afterwork. It really is so much nicer riding in the sunshine.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Very cool story Kyle! May your MOJO stay strong!:weightlifter:

Ride on bro...............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.