Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience installing a trunk spoiler light on a 95 goldwing aspencade GL1500.

I have purchased a used one but it did not come with any wiring instructions.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you

Howard

·
Premium Member
313 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
imported post

I have a 1988 I installed this LED on, IT'S NOT OEM! I also added a modulator. The wiring goes through the trunk and under the seat, someone can give you the color code for yours. If you need more pictures just pm me.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Wiring the spoiler is easy, the hard part is drilling the holes in the right place. I think someone uploaded a template here some time ago, for drilling the holes for the OEM Honda spoiler.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

I just added one to mine a few days ago. What I did was use prep-sol to remove the wax from the trunk lid. I then removed the rubber gaskets from the spoiler and used doubled over masking tape to hold the gaskets to the spoiler. I then used several strips of tape on the area where the spoiler will be sitting. I then positioned the spoiler where it should be. The spoiler has a slightly curved section toward the rear. You can feel how it fits snug at the rear .Then with some help position the spoiler left and right making sure you have about the same amount of distance on both sides. When you feel good about the position have your helper use a marker to trace around the gasket while you hole it in place. Remove the spoiler,place the gaskets back on the marks on the tape and mark the hole locations. I used a Rotozip to to drill my holes and used a SHARP 1/8 " bit. I was able to just open up the holes with the Rotozipthat instead of moving up to a larger bit. I was a little intimidated in the begining to start drilling holes in the trunk,but it really was pretty simple. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you for the information on attaching the spoiler. That job is complete and it went well.

I cannot find connection for the wiring. I was told it was under the seat. The wiring on the spoiler is a 2 pin plug. Brake light only.

How did you wire yours? and are you using it as a running light as well as a brake light? and if so how did you wire it?

Thank you

Howard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.