Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing through the site and found a thread that gave instructions on how to connect a Sirius xm radio to the radio by soldering wires to the circuit board of the radio on a 96 Gold Wing. Is anyone know where this site is located?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Look toward the bottom of this page and it will give similar post. It may be one of them.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
If like my Satellite radio was it's basically just an output jack like a Mp3 player or such.
You can hard wire a cable into your Honda radio if you want, or just use an FM modulator. Both my 1500's have been hardwired now, but I now prefer the FM modulator I have. I use it for MP3's even instead of the $40 MP3 player I bought!

I love the little modulator I have, got it at Big Lots for $10. Can use the cable to input about anything that as an output jack, also use USB stick or SD cards in it for MP3's, it plugs into a 12V power socket so very easy to move to vehicle to vehicle.

I'm not using Satellite Radio now, I had it and was not that impressed with it, then it got busted when a deer hit me. I got another now, $2 at a yard sale, only bought it because I wanted the extra stuff it came with LOL
I may see about getting service and try it.
Again though, I would just use the FM modulator with it myself, then I could just put it in any vehicle or use at house through any radio anytime.
That was one of the reasons I did not care for it before, it only worked on the bike and was useless any other time.

It only needs 12V power and the antenna to be portable and something to plug it into though it's output jack.
So this time if I get service I can use it in wife's car just as easy as on the bike, and also in the house as I always have 12V power handy. I could not do that before because I did not have the FM modulator then and nothing else has line in jacks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.