Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
I believe it is showchrome, I know it is not the K

If it is the Show Chrome one, then it would look like this one. .....

I would look at your trunk at just where you are thinking of mounting it and add some wide masking tape to the mounting area. tape your handle on the trunk by running a few strips of tape across the handle to temporarily secure it, to make sure you have it centered and that where you are going to drill the holes for it are going to miss/clear the raised ridge that runs across the lid on the underside of it. Don't forget ... the large washers go underneath the bolt heads, so make sure you leave enough room for them by that raised ridge! Once you are satisfied with it's position, use a pen to draw a mark around the 4 mounting points. Then use a scratch awl to make a small dimple in the centre of each of the 4 circles. Then use a small diameter drill bit to drill out a pilot hole, using the dimple as a guide. Then use a slightly over sized drill bit to drill your final hole. Then remove the tape and attach the handle. Pretty simple.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I held myself back for once because I didn't want to show my stupidity. Now I'm glad I did. When you talked about chrome trunk handle I was thinking release. Why would anyone chrome something you can't even see. Now I get it. Like it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.