Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I wrote up this small article on installing a kickstand warning on my GL1100. I've ridden away too many times with the kickstand still down, and because the GL1100 doesn't have an engine-killer like most newer bikes (that kills the engine if put in gear with the kickstand down), I decided I needed to add something to help.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

Great job GS, however, are you sure your not thinking too hard? LOL.. just giving you a hard time.. Really is a good idea. Are the switches like those from window alarm systems?

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Similar idea, except the alarm window switches are normally open - they close when the magnet gets close, and open when the magnet moves away. The switch I used is the opposite, it is closed (to turn on the light) when the magnet moves away and opened (to turn it off) when the magnet moves close. It is also potted, to make it waterproof, where window alarm switches are generally not.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

Cool, again, nice work!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Nice. To save the regulator, SuperBrightLEDs.com has a 12V bright flasher with a 30" pigtail available in the hobby section.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Nice. To save the regulator, SuperBrightLEDs.com has a 12V bright flasher with a 30" pigtail available in the hobby section.
...but it doesn't flash, so you'd have to add a flasher circuit. :)
Nope. They have a red one that flashes. The other colors don't.

Click on the [More Info] button. It is the bottom item.

No regulator and no flasher needed. Just a switch and 12volts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.