Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know of a tutorial showing how and where to hard wire in the GPS unit using the hard wireAssy. It has the twelve volt power wires and a audio plug. Appreciate any help ya'll might be able to give me.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

The power wires are straightforward enough, but you will still need an interface like the Kennedy Cellset to get the voice prompts through the intercoms.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Hi Bill, the 2710 is wired up the same way as the 2610 and Ambrose is right, you will need an interface to get the voice prompts through the headsets. The Kennedy doesn't allow the prompts through the bikes speakers (this would be nice) so it's through headsets only I'm afraid.
I have my interface mounted inside the fairing, just for'ard of the left glove box.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

My dad is getting a 2710 for his car and I hope to nab his 2610. I don't know why he bothered changing as the only real difference I can see is that the 2710 reads and calls the actual street names.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Al, the newer units can be connected to the interface that allows traffic information (jams etc.) to be displayed on the map and alternative routes suggested.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

That should work really well in countries like the UK where we have a lot of traffic info services. :waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.