Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

CAN YOU INSTALL A STATOR IN A 1984 HONDA 1200 GOLDWING WITHOUT REMOVING THE ENGINE, CAN IT BE DONE, THANKS HOGHIDEMAN

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Nope. Gotta remove the engine just like on the 1100's.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Gotta be pulled. Some actually just move it forward out of it's mounts, and do it that way. That's crazy. Just scraping gasket pieces off under that condition would be torture for me. Pull it out all the way, and it's so much easier to do things out in the open. Not a bad job, if crawling around doesn't kill you !! :( It is getting to where I can hardly do that kind of work. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Stock, no. Poor boy conversion, yes.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

if you haven't heard about. there is a modification called poorboy external alternator.

its actually wiseguy conversion cuz you get better power. and easi and cheaper to fix. without needing to pull the engine. search about it or ask if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
imported post

External alternator conversion the best thing you can do to old bike. Have enough power to run extra driving lights heated clothing amps and radios.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

I would also mention the Dupli-Tech version of an exterior alternator install. :)
My experience with that project can be found in the reference section.
Either way you go, hoghideman, I would definitely do the alternator ipo replacing the stator. MHO.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Are these convertions available for a GL1100I 1980??? How difficult are they to install if they are available. THANKS

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,485 Posts
imported post

I believe the Poorboy has been done on an 1100.Try contacting him and see!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.