Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to be able to put it on or take it off when
Needed I have watch your video of installing it but not with the quick releae And I do have a heated seat any tips or suggestions thank you

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I have a1800 and want to install a utopia back rest with a quick release so I wil be able to put it on or take it off when needed
I have watch your video of installing it but not with a quick release and I do have a heated seat any tips or suggestions from any one that has one with a quick release I have not installed yet

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Installation is the very same. The only difference is the quick release is a pin, instead of the stock bolt and nut.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Fear not the fact that your seat is heated. The wires you will be near are very well protected alongside a nylon channel build into the seat pan. Drill your holes underneath, mark and cut the slit in the top, use a bread knife to make the deep slot for the bracket and forget about that crappy stiff piece of plastic to trim the hole you made in the seat. Use an identical piece of leather and adhere it using some fabric glue. (The plastic is so stiff that the wrinkling of the seat when sat on will make it come loose) Good luck and enjoy the new comfort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.