Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Purchased today a standard V2 hitch by Bushtech. Are there any tips or techniques that would make the job easier and/or or safer? I thought maybe a jack to hold up the saddlebags.

Any other was to step it?
Thanks,
Doc

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Do you have a Pic?That would help a lot. Anything like the one below?
Nightrider1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

If the main brace attaches to the fender, Disconnect the botton bolts on both rear shocks, slide them off, make sure its on the centerstand, and #1 put a small block under the wheel. This will give you the leverage to raise several pieces at one time.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

On Most of the Hitches, you can get an extension adaptor to raise the saddlebags. Some even mount on the exaust.
David Aka Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks everyone! Heading out to the garage to start the work.;)
Doc

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well, things did not go to badly. :shock: Read the instructions several times, looked at the location, compared pictures to bike, re-read the instructions, checked the service manual, re-re-read instructions. Three hours later, hitch installed.

Now, tomorrow wire it up, get a 5-4 converter, extra wire and wire cover, and I will be set.

Thanks for the help. :waving::waving:

P.S. By the way, as was mentioned in another post, I did not touch the mufflers. Everything went smoothly, except for the lower front bracket nut - that was a bear to get on.

I also marked the lower saddle bag attachment with a dry erase marker. When I removed the bolt the saddle bag moved slightly upward, few pounds of pressure downward with a little oil and the new bolt went right back in. Torque to 20 ft lbs.

Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.