Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is it possible to hook these up to my bike? If so, is it very difficult?

Thanks, Merry Christmas to all, and congratulations to the raffle winners!

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

With enough JBWeld, welding or super glue you can put anything on… but it'd help if you have a link to a pic that shows exactly what lights you're talking about.

Honda had the 'driving lights' that fit in the bottom of the fairing lowers. Aren't too difficult to install.

Aftermarket 'driving lights' mount higher up… depending on the mounting brackets they might fit just below the headlight, at the front of the fairing. There are others that actually fit higher but aren't too popular.

Got a Pic????

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Haha, thanks Ray. These are the ones that mount in the lower front of the fairing like you are talking about. I ordered them from Cyclemax. My bike still has the area that has to be cut out to install them.Do you happen to know if my wiring harness on the bike has plugs for these to plug into?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

If you are going run them as driving lights, on all the time, you will want to run a dedicated, relayed circuit and a switch to keep from overtaxing the stock system which was set up to come on with turn signals only, if its there on the interstate. Better to just run new circuit. I'll get a diagram in a bit to you.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

You will also want to either have refreshed your alternator, cleaned and lubed, check brushes and bearings, replace as needed for optimum output.
You might have to run LED bulbs in the driving lights using the stock alternator or have a high output alternator as the 55 watt bulbs might be too much draw.
Yes it can be done on your bike.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I just read that the bulbs that come in the lights are 18 watts. Do you think I still need to run another circuit?

I have the lights installed in the fairing and I'm fixing to put it all back together.

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

Depends what circuit you tied into, If you have a short in the lights what else will it take out.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Its always best to run another circuit. That way if it blows a fuse you won't be harming the bike circuits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.