Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After rebuilding the Petcock to stop a leak it worked for about 100 miles then failed.
Rather then mess with it anymore I ordered this electric one that others suggested.

http://www.dan-marc.com/79-afc11112.html

My question is will there be instructions on how to wire this into the GL1500? I saw on a Valkerie forum discussions on tying the wires into the coils? Do we have any instructions on this forum of where to tie these in?

Can it just run off the accessory connection on the fuse box?

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
I would connect mine to the accessory terminals. It is close to where the filter will be mounted and at less than an amp of current draw it will be fine.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I would connect mine to the accessory terminals. It is close to where the filter will be mounted and at less than an amp of current draw it will be fine.
This will open the valve when you turn the key on, wouldn't it be better to tap into the oil pressure switch as a safety to shut off gas flow if the bike stalls or better still maybe the fuel pump power to be turned off by the BAS in a tip over?
:?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Taking things a bit further, how about a hidden switch that you could use the fuel flow solenoid as an anti-theft device. Wonder how far you can get with the fuel in the carb bowls.

But then again, how often do thieves want Goldwings...

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
If you just used the same power supply for the OEM pump then you should have keyed power and BAS shut off capability. No?

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That seemes to be one of the two choices.
  • Tie into electric fuel pump
  • Tie into ACC on fuse box
I have been getting advice for both locations. On the cutoff valve both wires are black. Does it matter which one is used to power?

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
If there is no markings on it showing which wire is which, I would think it doesn't matter. It is just a solenoid valve so I think it would work ok either way the wires are connected.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I have done this mod, replacing my leaking vacuum valve. In my case I wired the valve to the acc terminals on the top of the fuse panel. This seems to be the easest way to solve the problem w/o tapping into exisiting wiring & possibly creating more electrical problems down the road. BTW, I have over 10,000 miles since I did this & have had no ill effects at all....-Rich

·
Delvis
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great feedback.

I did mine today and also tied into the ACC terminal. So far so good.

I had just installed a new glass fuel filter last month so I worked it into the new system.

Thanks for everyones input.

Photos in my Album.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
That is some good pictures of what you have and how it is mounted. Thanks for the description and pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.