Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ordered the side fairing lights for the Aspy and went to install them. Did this on my 95 SE 15 years ago and it was a simple issue. Took out the fairing lights and a plug was right there below the two top pockets, plugged them in, and voila! I had lights.
Just as the instructions said.

Tonite, I did the same thing to my new to me 92 Aspy, and there aren'tany plugs that I can find anywhere under the pockets to connect with. I have taken off the whole front lower,and both side fairing upper/lower covers, and nowhere can I find a "green plug'.

What am I doing wrong?? Need some help on this one. Appreciate any help anyone might want to offer. There doesn't seem to be any kimpshey-rigged type add-ins from the PO. Nothing looks out of place, etc. :?

Help!!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Ordered the side fairing lights for the Aspy and went to install them. Did this on my 95 SE 15 years ago and it was a simple issue. Took out the fairing lights and a plug was right there below the two top pockets, plugged them in, and voila! I had lights.
Just as the instructions said.

Tonite, I did the same thing to my new to me 92 Aspy, and there aren't any plugs that I can find anywhere under the pockets to connect with. I have taken off the whole front lower, and both side fairing upper/lower covers, and nowhere can I find a "green plug'.

What am I doing wrong?? Need some help on this one. Appreciate any help anyone might want to offer. There doesn't seem to be any kimpshey-rigged type add-ins from the PO. Nothing looks out of place, etc

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Wrong part of the forum Oldsoldier, this is the test forum. Repost in Technical forum if the moderators don't move this over to it for you.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

My friend's had a cap in the plugs. I think it was white. As said, might be taped to the harness. Keep digging.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanx for your response, GW & Newday-Last nite I found 2 "white" non-dedicated plugs down by the horns.I believe the cornering lights/running lights would plug into, because they only have about an 11/2 inch free play away from the harness. Nothing else was "just hanging there waiting for a connection to be plugged into".

Will feel the harness thru the black tape and see if I can feel a connector that way. Will dig into it tonite after work.

for the

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Really appreciate your help!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanx for your response, GW & Newday-Last nite I found 2 "white" non-dedicated plugs down by the horns.I believe the cornering lights/running lights would plug into, because they only have about an 11/2 inch free play away from the harness. Nothing else was "just hanging there waiting for a connection to be plugged into".

Will feel the harness thru the black tape and see if I can feel a connector that way. Will dig into it tonite after work.

for the

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Typically these will be in the harness that you can reach by removing the fairing pockets (you'll need to work a little routning to get the plugs "down" to the fairing side light area).

ONe nice thing is that Honda should have taped these using 2-wraps of BLUE tape to the otherwise black harness covers (same is true for all OEM option harnesses). The Blue tape is a bit less sticky than the black stuff, so that's a help too.

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

Good test though!:byebye::byebye::byebye:

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanx Ted! appreciate your feedback.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Satan thanx for the heads-up. I found the blue tape you describe, but did not appear to be of any significance. Will relook that location & see if something appears under tape.

Thanx again for your feedback.

Galen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.