Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay, I've had my bike apart for so long that when I went to reinstall the windscreen I seem to have forgotten the order of assembly. Is it gasket, screen, retainer? Or is it screen, gasket retainer? or are there supposed to be two gaskets? I have three gaskets, but thought it only had one.

Any help is appreciated, as always. :cheeky1:

:11blue: whee!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

The big gasket goes on first, then the screen and then the garnish. 3 gaskets? Sounds odd, the only other gaskets I know of are the ones for the mirrors.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, Eamonn. Well, I have three gaskets because I bought a replacement garnish after the wreck, and oddly, the fellow sent me two garnishes and two gaskets (one of the garnishes was the old "Wing Leader" style, but was badly rusted and pitted so I sanded the chrome and painted it up).

Thanks again for the help!

Jack

:11blue:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

:waving:It's a good idea to remove the turn signals first to get to the wing nuts that hold the speakers on. Under the speakers are the round nuts for the windshield and mirrors. They are suppose to stay in place, but normally fall away or get cocked in such a way as you will strip the bolts. If you have an Aspencade, you may need to take off the volt meter/Cb/Radio guage by removing the two hidden screws under the lip. If you do have speakers, check if they are in good shape. Good time to replace them.

Now, you might get lucky and all the barrel nuts stay in place. I was not that lucky. I painted my garnish in the hammertone gray paint and it looks great on my Wineberry Aspencade. :waving:

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.