Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am trying to install a ground loop noise suppressor on my 81 GL1100i to a Clarion II stereo. It needs to go in to the 12v lead going into the stereo tuner.

I have two red leads and a green lead going in but I am not sure which one is the power lead. I am thinking it is the green wire but need to be sure before I start cutting wires.

Can anyone tell me which is in fact the 12v lead? I have looked at the wiring schematic but can't really decipher it. (I hate electronics)

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

all green wires on your bike are ground (-). 12v wire will be red. some may have a stripe on them going to differnt things and a green with a stripe most likely will be a ground comeing from some thing to ground. make any sence ?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Well then that means one of the two red wires is the one I want. I wonder which one. I will look at them ans see if one has a stripe. Close quarters inside the fairing.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

If you take a close look at the 2 red wires you will notice one is bigger than the other. The larger one is the 12v hot power for the radio and the other is the all ways on lead for the channel and clock memory settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.