Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I thought it was time for some new grips 36,000 miles . Did my research by popular demand I installed the ISO grips. I messed up on installation, just wanted to save the rest of the members sometime and money. Yes , I read all the other postings prior to my installation. Had know problems with the left grip, went on perfectly. Now the throttle side, listen up, do yourself a huge favor, remove the kill switch first, let it hang down, remove the plastic throttle tube, now with tube removed your ready to safely install new grip on tubewithout destroying kill switch/cable housing cam. Yes , I just purchase new kill switch which was 89.00 dollars and new throttle tube which was 8.00 dollars plus shipping, it hurts. The glue which comes with the grips is fast ,real fast drying. The trick is first marking the correct location , marking both the grip and the bar, now your ready, clean old glue off with rubbing alcohol. I glued the top edge oftube and put water on bottom edge letting you have time and strength for easy installation. Remember the kill switch/cable cam is extremely fragile, do not push or turn on while installing throttle grip, you'll snap off the bottom dog which goes into the hole on the handle bars. Remove throttle bar tube for error free installation.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,702 Posts
imported post

Sorry your out the extra change, but thanks for the post.

This will help others from having the same fate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.