Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello out there! I've finally healed enough from my shoulder surgery to be able to work on my wing a little and I want to get my voyager kit installed and give it a try before summer is over. Does anyone out there know if I have to drop the whole exhaust on my sei to install the voyager belly bracket on my sei? I have the 1200 kit and the 1500 kit. 1500 manual says to drop the muffler, but the 1200 manual does not mention anything. I think I have to at least drop the muffler, but I'm wondering if it might be easier to drop the whole exhaust or would that cause me more problems. I would sure appreciate any insight from anyone on this.

Warren

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

The reason you drop the muffler on the 1500 is so that you can clear taking out the pivot rod for the center stand and for allowing the rear axle to come out to install the rear components on the axle rod.

If those shafts will come out on the 1200 without at least loosening and rotating the pipes out of the way then you will be good to go. But I'd be surprised if that's the case.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well after loosening the muffler bolts and trying to move the muffler back to get them free from the exhaust I find there is not enough space to the rear tire to clear the exhaust header pipes. If I remove the rear axel bolt will the tire move enough? The rear axel bolt is clear but the pivot pin is behind the muffler connection. I moved the exhaust about 2 in. but still need more.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

If you need more, you have no choice but to remove them as I see it.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the come back. We Amish sometimes are very stubburn and I was determined to make this thing work!
After some deliberation and arguing with the other half I decided to loosen the manifold bolts to lower the whole exhaust lower so the pin just cleared WOW it worked. She was concerned the gasket would be ruined and we would have to wait more days but everything seems OK
By the way, I'm not really Amish even though my name is Yoder. I've been around the block a few times and usually can figure things out. The front motor mount on this SEI is 1 long bolt so you have to block the engine to remove the bolt and fasten the front of the belly pan.
In another day or so I'll be another Amish gone bad!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

wdy41 wrote:
In another day or so I'll be another Amish gone bad!
We're all Amish gone bad. One way or t'other. :cooldevil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.