Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I couldn't stand it any longer so I pulled the instrument panel out today (it's raining hard) to replace the burned out OD lamp. I think a guy should have some indication when he's OD. Anyway does any one know what number the two turn signal and the top center lamps are? They are a bit larger than #74s which are a little loose in the socket.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I need one too. Did you ever get an answer? I'm sure you did by now.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

It is a number #161 or #162 asI remember, I'm at work at the moment, so I can't walk out into the garage and look at the packages. Do not use #194, they will melt your guage lens. They are a higher wattage, and produce much more heat. I replaced all of mine about a month before NASSIR, except the OD light, which I had replaced last year with a #168, which was a little brighter, but for some reason, it burned out during NASSIR. I called my friend who works at the Honda dealership and a GW mechanic since 1975, before I replaced them all, and I'm pretty sure he told me to use #161s to keep from melting the sockets.:)

BTW Paul, why did you pull the cluster out, all I had to do was remove the filler panel, turn the handlebars hard left, reach my hand up and pull the bulb socket out and replace the bulb. Took about 3 minutes.:? Upon read reading, I see you wanted to replace several bulbs. My bad.:D

Gene:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

That was a post from 2005 but I pulled the cluster out to replace the lights inside, those that illuminate the gauges too. I was able to change the lower lights but not the top ones. Not to mention I felt a lot better being able to see how the thing looked once off the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.