Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
The other day I had to remove the false tank cover etc to repair a sticky Choke linkage. Everything went back together fine and she started up and i went for a ride and everything worked great. Parked her up as usual and today decided to go for a long run. Turned on the ignition switch, instrument lights came on as normal but almost immediately they all went out except for oil light. Even with the Inst lights out the radio, headlights, indicators etc work fine but no reaction from starter button. Battery is fully charged and battery connections and main fuse seem ok. My instinct says that i disturbed something when doing the repairs.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hi All,
The other day I had to remove the false tank cover etc to repair a sticky Choke linkage. Everything went back together fine and she started up and i went for a ride and everything worked great. Parked her up as usual and today decided to go for a long run. Turned on the ignition switch, instrument lights came on as normal but almost immediately they all went out except for oil light. Even with the Inst lights out the radio, headlights, indicators etc work fine but no reaction from starter button. Battery is fully charged and battery connections and main fuse seem ok. My instinct says that i disturbed something when doing the repairs.
Any help would be appreciated
What is the model and model year of your bike?

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
There are two main fuses on the GL1500 (main fuse A 30-amp) and (main fuse B 55-amp). Which one did you check? Or did you check both?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
And also for better communication, would you check the following diagram for the terminology used?

I think, you are using the term indicator for turn signals, instrument lights for indicator lights, right?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to check the Cruise On light, as to the terminology. Indicators = Turn Signals, Flashers.
Instrument Lights = Dashboard Lights, Reverse light, Neutral LIght, Oil Pressure Light etc.

When I turn on the ignition all the lights come on for a second and then all except oil light go out. The Headlight, Radio,
Horn etc still work at this stage but nothing from the starter button.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I will have to check the Cruise On light, as to the terminology. Indicators = Turn Signals, Flashers.
Instrument Lights = Dashboard Lights, Reverse light, Neutral LIght, Oil Pressure Light etc.

When I turn on the ignition all the lights come on for a second and then all except oil light go out. The Headlight, Radio,
Horn etc still work at this stage but nothing from the starter button.
That is normal, when you first turn the ignition key on a bulb test is performed by LCD unit.

Sorry here is the diagram.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help Erdinez, your questions led me to looking at the obvious, no the neutral light was not on,
neither was the reverse light. i gave the reverse lever a quick shift and the reverse light came on then shifted the gear lever
and the neutral came on and she started when i hit the switch. Looks like i didn't put the reverse lever back on correctly.
I must have panicked when i had no dash lights and came to the wrong conclusions.
Really Embarissed that i did'nt check these things before posting.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thanks for all the help Erdinez, your questions led me to looking at the obvious, no the neutral light was not on,
neither was the reverse light. i gave the reverse lever a quick shift and the reverse light came on then shifted the gear lever
and the neutral came on and she started when i hit the switch. Looks like i didn't put the reverse lever back on correctly.
I must have panicked when i had no dash lights and came to the wrong conclusions.
Really Embarissed that i did'nt check these things before posting.
It happens to all of us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.