Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to file a claim with Progressive for repairs? How did it go? Were they fair? Prompt? Was there retaliation (was insurance dropped or rates skyrocket)?

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Not for repairs but I totaled my 1500 last June. They were months making payment and then when I got the new bike the rates were more than double. That's why I switched to Dairyland.
I called the agent that I have used for over 20 years and she said that's just how a GL 1800 was rated, I shopped around a little and found a price comparable to what I was paying on the 1500 with Dairyland so I bought it. I have not had any claims against the new policy.
I also took the declarations page to my agent for her to review and she said it was just a little better than the Progressive one I had in the first place.

I'm not saying Progressive was a bad deal or a bad company but they did retaliate against me when I had a claim.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Has anyone had to file a claim with Progressive for repairs? How did it go? Were they fair? Prompt? Was there retaliation (was insurance dropped or rates skyrocket)?
I have been with Progressive for a long time. When my SV650 was totaled by an idiot, Progressive really came through. Good personal attention (a rep coming to my home next day etc.) and quick response. The insurance rate for the bike I replaced SV650 was not more than other companies that I researched.

I DID think the GL1500 rate was a bit more than the others, but since my experience with Progressive was so good, I stayed with them.

·
Honda Guru
2,079 Posts
I've had Progressive since I bought my 1500. Had one claim and it was handled with grace and professionalism. I had a check in my hands within a week.
When I called them to inform them of the accident they asked when the estimate would be ready…. I told them I would be writing the estimates (I was a co-owner in a GoldWing shop) and they came out the day after the estimate was ready. Rates rose about 10% for awhile but they didn't drop me.
As far as I'm concerned….. I was impressed.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
my son backed into a suv, light damage, our rates whent up 60.00 a month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.