Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

with rates going upfrom the ins co. that i have had for 15 years its time to shop around.an to see what is the best level of ins ...there i a great deal of difference from one comp to the other. i would like to hear from any one that is retired an on medcare because medcare from what i hear dont cover you unless you are ina accident witha car..... thanks for any help.........rich

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

I am not from Michigan but from what I understand here is how it goes. Medicare will covered that which is not covered by your insurance. Now then if you sue and get a settlement then the Gov can get reimbursed for anything to do with the medical they covered. They cannot get anything in the settlement that covers loss of your property or lost wages if you have any. And it is good to check your policy real close. I don't know what the laws are in MI over the helmets but Some insurance companies put in the policy that you have to be wearing a helmet. I know a couple of guys here in AZ that were not aware of that little bit of info. They never had an accident but they just happened to be reading the policy and found it in there. Myself I would give a Motorcycle accident attorney in MI a call and ask them what they think you should be carrying and get the correct skinny from the legal guys and not some numbskull like me.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

By the way here in AZ you can get the Progressive minimum for about 86 a year. Really good coverage with theft and good medical and such is around 140 per year.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Make sure you are getting quotes for the same coverage. A lot of companies will quote you their bare minimum, even if it doesn't meet the legal requirements for your state. If you currently have 50/100/200 coverage, make sure the others are quoting the same.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,142 Posts
imported post

I have had Progressive on my cars and my bikes for a long time.

Last year, I took out a full complete package on the bike and myself. Absolutely everything, medical, non(under)insured, comprehensive for total replacement cost (not current value).

You get what you pay for, that policy was not $86/year, it was $1,1xx.00 for the year. As it happened, it was not needed. But that is why it is called "insurance".

Had I needed it, and that cross way the wrong way idiot chose to blow red light, and I was stupid enough to not look for him, then everything would have been covered.

You must compared apples to apples.

This year, I backed off on the coverage quite a bit, it now costs $307.00/year for 2 bikes, $212/yr for the GL1500

see the following:

Outline of coverage
Your insurance policy and any policy endorsements contain a full explanation of your coverage. The policy limits shown
for a vehicle may not be combined with the limits for the same coverage on another vehicle.
1998 HONDA GL1500SE CC: 1520
VIN: ###########
Garaging Zip Code: 74053 State: OK Use: Pleasure/Commute
Limits Deductible Premium ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability $300,000 combined single limit each accident
Liability To Others $98
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Comprehensive $250
Collision $250
Accessory Coverage $3,000 included ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Total premium for 1998 HONDA $212

1991 HONDA ST1100 CC: 1100
VIN: JH2SC2602MM100495
Garaging Zip Code: 74053 State: OK Use: Pleasure/Commute
Limits Deductible Premium ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability $300,000 combined single limit each accident
Liability To Others $77
Comprehensive $100 18
Accessory Coverage $3,000 included
Total premium for 1991 HONDA $95
Total 12 month policy premium $307 for both bikes...

Note, I am insuring two bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Here is what I pay Allstatefor Michigan PL/PD on my '82 GL1100 Interstate per year. I hope the formatting comes thru!

[align=left]1982 Honda Gl1100I[/align]

[align=left]COVERAGE LIMITS DEDUCTIBLE PREMIUM[/align]

[align=left]Motorcycle Liability Insurance Not Applicable $210.36[/align]

[align=left].
Bodily Injury $100,000 each person[/align]

[align=left] $300,000 each accident[/align]

[align=left] (Passenger Liability Coverage is included)[/align]

[align=left].
Property Damage $100,000 each accident Not Applicable[/align]

[align=left]Uninsured Motorists Insurance $100,000 each person Not Applicable $22.31[/align]

[align=left] for Bodily Injury $300,000 each accident[/align]

[align=left]Towing and Labor Costs Coverage $50 Not Applicable Included[/align]

Total Premium for 82 Honda Gl1100I $232.67

Some discounts I have:

- MSF Class

- Multi-vehicle

PL/PD is the basic, lowest legal level of insurance and does not include collision or comprehensive. Now that I have a sidecar attached, I'll prolly increase my coverage in the spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.