Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My annual premium (full coverage, $500 deductable) is $861, and I'm shopping for a different policy. Currently I have Foremost, and was happy with their service when I totaled my GL 1500. However, my premium seems to be considerably higher than most others I've talked with, and would like to hear from you guys.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

Full coverage with State Farm (500 deductible) is $255.00 per year.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I just got a quote from GEICO's Online service and it said and I quote "start this policy with a low down payment of $88.00" and the next line says "Your annual policy premium is $88.00" I even asked for 10,000 upgrades as a trike. That sounds impossible, something is wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I was trying to get an online quote from Geico, but it asked for my e-mail password. I wouldn't give out that information (even if I could remember it :cheeky1:).

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
imported post

Full coverage, 250 deductable, $3000 in options covered $650 a year from Allstate, this is on a new 09 and I am single and 54 years old, super clean record, multi car discount as well as homeowners with Allstate.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
I was trying to get an online quote from Geico, but it asked for my 3-mail password. I wouldn't give out that information (even if I could remember it :cheeky1:).
It just asked me for my email address and to make up a password for there service. What is a 3-mail password?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

What is a 3-mail password?

typo

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

What type is O

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
What is a 3-mail password?

typo
Opps, I read it as 3-mail instead of E-mail. Anyway they are asking for you to make a new password with them not give them you current password.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Share the information, I for one am always looking for same coverage but cheaper premiums

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If you lived here in B.C. Canada & you owned an 1800 & you wanted full coverage, you might be paying $1500 or more per year.

My Harley is valued at around $9000. I have bare bones basic insurance on it & I pay $88 per month. this is taking into account that I have a road star rating, I was an instructor, & a clean driving record for over 20 years.

We cant pick our insurance company here. there is only 1

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

I guess my three paid for and easily replaced bikes are the reason the minimum coverage from Geico is only $97 a year....total....all three.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

I have just liability only on my 91 Interstate and 06 V Star Classic and with Geico, it runs around 120 a year.

My bikes are paid for and at my age, I figure if I am in an accident, I won't get back on a motorcycle again.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

I pay less than $200 per year for Progressive full coverage with roadside.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
What type is O
I think that's a blood type. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
My annual premium (full coverage, $500 deductable) is $861, and I'm shopping for a different policy. Currently I have Foremost, and was happy with their service when I totaled my GL 1500. However, my premium seems to be considerably higher than most others I've talked with, and would like to hear from you guys.
My insurance with Foremost, full coverage, same deductible, is $260/yr. I have searched several different companies over the past couple years and none came close to Foremost including companies like State Farm, Progressive, Geico, Nation Wide, and several others I can't remember.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

CPS. the difference is probably the age difference in the bikes. A new bike cost a lot more to insure.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
CPS. the difference is probably the age difference in the bikes. A new bike cost a lot more to insure.
Yes, I agree; that, and locale has some affect too. What I was really trying to address, though, was that Foremost (the same insurance company) had the lowest rates (actually by far) in this area. But then again, I have a fabulous insurance agency which can make a big difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.