Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been looking at mesh jackets and I think the Tourmaster Intake Air Series 2 seems to be the one I like. It is a mesh jacket and has the armor on the shoulders. elbows and back it has a double liner for rain and warmth. It fits well I'm a big guy 6' @ 250lb and most jackets just don't fit right.
Wanted to know if anyone has an opinion on it I can't afford multiply jackets so this looks like I could use year round last summer when it was warm I just ***** a short sleeve shirt and I really don't want to ride unprotected when it's hot. I have a leather jacket now but when it hits 80 degrees it starts getting to hot.
Thanks for any input.:action:
Kim

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I personally dont think you will go wrong with any of the Tourmaster jackets. With temps in the 80 range you will not even need a liner except for rain. I have two jackets, a Tourmaster Range Denim and olympia airglide II for 50 and above temps. There is not one jacket does all though. You can get fairly close to it depending on where you live.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I suspect you'll be pleased with the Intake.(probably in 2XL) :grinner:

My Tourmaster Draft Air jacket is great for those hot Okanagan days. Better than wearing just a T-shirt.

I've got a few items from Tourmaster and they are allgreat value for the money. :goofygrin:

Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks
I live in the High Desert of Southern Cal so it warm most of the time although it does get cold sometimes but rarely under 30 and that's at night.
The size that fit right was the XXL.
I'm sure that's the one I'll go with.
Thanks for the input:)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I have the Tour Master Transitions jacket. I like the venting and the protection from the elements. Plenty of pockets. It can be a little too warm at times and I had to take it off. But I was real glad to have it in the mountains.

Tour Master is good stuff,,,,,, but I couldn't find any pants I liked from them, so I'm going with a pair from Joe Rocket,,,,,, Alter Ego Pants.

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

My wife and I have had our Tour Master Intake jackets for a couple years. We really like ours, they seem very well made.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

While I don't have the Tourmaster mesh jacket I do have their 3/4 length rain and windproof heavy jacket with zipper vents for cool weather so I can vouch for the quality of their products. My mesh jacket is a Mesh Tex 2. I wouldn't want to ride another summer or fall without a mesh jacket. I think it's the best thing short of air conditioning. Cooler than riding in a T shirt and protects against sunburn and road rash. What more could you ask for?

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

The Intake is the jacket we both have. Real versatile all weather jacket. The mesh is great in the hot weather and also works good with a evap. cooling vest. Liners for cold and a good windbreaker for the coldest. The arm armor stays in place.... unlike other mesh riding jackets. I recommend it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.