Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I hope someone has an answer for ya as I've got the same problem except mine is all over my internet. I've even got an ad trying to get me to install something that pops up every time I go from page to page and that just started today.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I hope someone has an answer for ya as I've got the same problem except mine is all over my internet. I've even got an ad trying to get me to install something that pops up every time I go from page to page and that just started today.
This is not a site specific problem. You have nasty Malware infecting your computer and you need to get it cleaned up quickly!

·
Administrator
1,191 Posts
Hey Guys,

You can disable these ads in your user cp. Just go to your edit details section of your user cp and select disable for intelleTXT ads.

or

click here

~ dm, community support

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,

You can disable these ads in your user cp. Just go to your edit details section of your user cp and select disable for intelleTXT ads.

or

click here

~ dm, community support
Take a look at what I originally posted...

I don't like them and I have them disabled.
I am seeing them on numerous threads and on several different PCs that I use at work and at home. So what else could it be? :?

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,191 Posts
Take a look at what I originally posted...

I am seeing them on numerous threads and on several different PCs that I use at work and at home. So what else could it be? :?
If you have it set to disable then you should not see any of the intelleTXT ads when you're logged into the forum. If you're browsing the forum as a guest/not logged in you will see the intelleTXT ads.

If you're logged in and still seeing them then I would advise running a scan on your computer. It could be that you picked up a virus and it is creating text ads on your computer as well.

~ dm, community support

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I don't like them and I have them disabled. I am logged in but yet the damned things keep on creeping in... Why? :?
Brian:
I looked at the thread that your picture came from and it doesn't appear to be an ad but rather a link to a thread on a different forum.

I don't know if (alwims) did that intentionally or if he has malware doing it for him but from his post in this thread it's likely malware on his end.

·
Administrator
1,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I did nothing intentionally and I have run every Malware and virus scanner I can find and they found nothing on my computer. I'm stumped.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I too have been trying to get rid of these things on my PC for months. The ads appear whether or not I'm logged into the forum. In fact, the word "will" in the last post above is one of them now. However, when I use the forum on my other laptop or at work, I never see them if I'm logged in.

It's got to be some sort of malware. I think my whole PC is running slower than it should. I've run every scan I could find on this machine, and I even took it to a professional shop. They agreed there was something there but even they couldn't find it. They wanted to reformat the hard drive then re-install Windows and everything else, but I said no thanks. There must be someway to get rid of these ads without having to wipe everything out and start again.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Ok, I think I have figured out some of the problem with all the highlighted words. The culprit appears to be Google Toolbar. Up by the Sign In is a picture of a wrench with a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and select Options. On the tabs to the left select Tools. Take the check out of the line Highlight, save at the bottom and that problem should be solved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.