Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This winter I installed a J & M passenger volume/mic switch/CB switch and the Mic Mutes device. We had a chance to really test it this last week. We liked the fact we could keep the intercom on and switch the mics on and off using the CB switches.

The only problem was when the mics were on there is rpm buzz. It wasn't very obvious when we had the MP3 player on, but when it was off it was loud. Every once in while the buzz would stop.

Has anybody else had this issue?

What can I do to stop it.

Oh, I lied about it being the only problem. As we were going down I-89 talking, my wife mic went dead. Turns out the wind jerked the cable out of her helmet and the end bounced down the highway. Before I had a chance to stop it ground the plastic sleeve, around the pins, off and bent the pins over. Bummer!:(

Once at the grand canyon cabin I was able to bend all but one off the pins back and re-insert it into the helmet. She only had one headphone speaker after that, but it worked. So, I am going to have to buy the upper section of the cable. Last summer, while in Oregon I had a pin break on my headset cable. I'm about ready to buy spares.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

What's the 2 number label on the end of the upper cord you need? I have a couple that I'll never use as they don't fit the headsets they came in the box with. They were extras the seller just threw in to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Your "buzz" comes from everything on the bike being grounded to the frame.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
What's the 2 number label on the end of the upper cord you need? I have a couple that I'll never use as they don't fit the headsets they came in the box with. They were extras the seller just threw in to get rid of.
It is a 3 letter code: PAL.

It's a J & M headset that I also bought this last winter.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

clpete wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:

Ok, newer model than what these cords are for.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
clpete wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:

Ok, newer model than what these cords are for.
Hey, thanks anyway.

-------------------
There has to be a way to reduce the buzz. Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.