Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok, just got home from brazil and had some time to go for a ride, i have the J&M headsets. its a 200 1500 SE, Here is my problem, with the two helmets plugged in i passenger can hear the radio and My voice but I can not here the passenger voice but i do hear the radio??? So pretty much i can speak to passenger but passenger cant speak back... Is there a WIFE MODE LOL . Really is there something that would stop the mic from working? Im thinking not because i swapped helmets anf it did the same thing when plugged into the drivers position, so i take it the mike may have a problem????

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

. . . and the problem is? :)

So if you switch helmets you still cant hear the mic in your wife's helmet? It may be the cord, does the cord look stressed near either end of the connectors? Does your head sets use the 2 piece cords where you have an upper and lower cord? if so can you swap upper cords?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

ok, I swapped the cords at the helmet and it still has the same problem,looks like the mic has a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

t802950 wrote:
ok, I swapped the cords at the helmet and it still has the same problem,looks like the mic has a problem.
That's what it sounds like to me.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I was hoping there was a wife switch...... I was starting to look on CL for a 2000 model.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

You don’t by chance have a passenger mic mute/volume control? I have one and I also have a mic mute that mutes both mics using the CB talk button.

Check the cable ends. I have had a three cords where the pins broke. I had to recently buy a new cord for my helmet as the mic didn’t work. Two of the pins were broken where it plugged into the helmet. I have also had pins break between the upper and lower cords.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

well i swapped helmets front and rear leaving the cords in there original place, and it still not working even in the front where the other was working so I guess the mic went out.

·
Premium Member
2008 GL1800
1,359 Posts
imported post

With the wife's helmet hooked up and the system turned on move the cable ( at the point where it attaches to the helmet ) in all directions including in and out. If the mic does not work intermittently at that point, move to the connector at the other end of the cableand do the same test again.Every connector and attachment point is a potential source for a broken wire. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

J&M had a problem with some cables, the bad cables had a grey band arounf the ends, lok for that and try switching to a different cable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.