Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a new J&M headset. The stereo comes thru the headset just fine but when I turn on the intercom I hear the ocean. More volume=more noise. And when a vehicle passes me on the highway I hear that too thru the helmet speakers. But only when the intercom is on, and the intercom does work Also the CB does not come thru the headset speakers only the dash speakers. Any ideas? Only had this wing a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Wayne will chime in and get you some advice...

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

I had that happen with my new EDSETS, found out that if I twisted the plugs one way or the other thenthe correct pins lined up.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

Is your volume the radio volume or the intercom volume? The intercom volume is the second knob from the left. This will create the "ocean" sound if turned up too high. I have mine set to where I can just hear myself when I speak. You can also set the sensitivity to mute the radio (when listening through the headset) when you speak by adjusting the Mute knob (middle knob).

Press the Squelch button on the CB to toggle between headset and dash speakers. Press the Volume button to turn on and off.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby is right about the settings and the noise,
The ocean sound is normal, amplifier, white noise. The more efficient the speaker the more this kind of response you hear. You should only run the volume loud enough to hear yourself with the mic centered in front of your mouth and the passenger should speak loud enough to hear them self. Intercom volume 9 o'clock and the mute 4 or 5 clicks from full clockwise.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks all for the response. I will try your suggestions. i did not get to ride it to work tonight but will play with it tomorrow and report back here. Raining hard in Dallas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.