Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been getting more noise than normal over the intercom. I was just doing some testing and not sure where to look at this point.

With the drivers headset only plugged in, no problem, with the intercom on and only the drivers headset plugged in, no problem. With both headsets plugged in and no intercom, no problem.

As soon as I turn on the intercom, I hear a high pitched whine that changes with engine speed and goes away with engine turned off, (assuming the alternator noise) and clicking of the turn signals.

I have swapped positions of headsets, no difference. No matter which connection along the passengers connection along the cable route from the standard 5 pin connector all the way to the helmet it does not matter where it is disconnected the noise stops in the drivers headset.

I am wondering if it needs an audio filter, and if so, What do I use? and Howto install it?

TIA, Waynster

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Hello,

Did you just buy the bike? Have you owned it since new? When did this problem start?

You didn't mention if you had the passenger audio controller. There is a filter that comes with the controller, and it needs to be installed as part of the instructions that also come with the controller. Barring that, someone with a 1500 shop manual will have to help you.

Good luck,

Daveo

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
imported post

Clean all you radio,intercom contacts and may sure your system has a good ground

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Cleaned contacts where the 5 pin connector connects to the bike and all is good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.