Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a question on the intercom on my 85 Aspencade.

Installed on my bike is the Panasonic AM/FM Cassette player,and it has a intercom selection.

I`m not surewhat Im` in need of to get the intercon working,or is it less expenive/just as good to get an aftermarket intercom?

Any suggestions as to which aftermarket intercom to buy if thats the path I go???

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Zonk, I may be way out in left field :baffled:but I will try all the same. I have the 84 1200A with the same radio; I was able to buy an adapter (5 pin midi coupler pt# 274-530) from Radio Shack that enabled me to hook up the plug located below the left storage compartment to a J&M universal headset that I picked up. I can listen to the radio but have not pursued an intercom hook up with another rider. If that is what you are looking for then I will watch with you at the replies if you just want radio in a headset then this should do the trick.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

It's been a long time since I bought my 85 Aspy :p and I installed a CB at the same time, but I was sure in order to use the intecom that all that was needed was the headsets.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Zonk,
My '85 Aspy has a black wire with a female DIN plug comming out of the fairing just to the upper right of the left side pocket. There is also one under the left side of the passenger seat.
Mine also has a button under the seat so the passenger can talk over the CB radio.
If you don't see the plugs, remove the left compartment and look for a black box with DIN jacks on it.(it may have more than 2)
You may just need an extension wire to get out of the fairing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's not uncommon for someone who didn't use the headsets to drop the rider connector under the left fairing cubby. Ditto with the pax connector, it might just be under the seat. All you should need is headsets. I have Chatterbox headsets, they work just fine and come with both the upper and lower cables ready to plug into the bike. I also liked the price, $78 for the whole shooting match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.