Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK,I`m a dope at times.I`m not going to pursue rehooking the stock intercom uo as I dont know the entire parts list and so on.

I `ve read good reviews on Edsets,so they are whats in the forefront of my purchasing mind right now.

I`ve also heard/read about J & M intercoms also

My question..do these type intercoms hard wire betwen two helmets,or do they go to a jubction boz somehwere ?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

What type of wing do you have ?does it have intercom?...Ciaran

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I have an 85 Aspencade.The radio has an intercom selection (its the Panasonic stock radio) but I have yet to find any of the plugs that would hook into a headset.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

zonk, sometimes you will find the headsets cords hidden under the left fairing pocket and saddle, where a previuous pwner stuffed them because he didn't have headsets in his helmets.

No matter what headsets you buy (Edsets, JM etc), you will still need the headset cords to plug them into.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

The plugs should be under the left pocket in the fairing.

On my wing, 84 Aspy, the P.O. had both of them stuffed under the seat. I pulled the driver plug back through and brought it out in the fairing and I brought the passenger plug out from under the rear of the seat.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

My story is the same as Chris'. The rider hookup was under the lower fairing pocket and the passenger set under the seat. I'm hoping all work as I'm going to be ordering a set of Edsets shortly.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I was the same way, I found everything and then wondered if they worked. On eBay there is a guy selling a small 5 pin din plug with a headphone jack in the end of it. If you plug this thing into your intercom jack, you can listen to the radio through a set of headphones. I bought one from him and used it to check my system. The audio is great through the headphones. Only thing now is that I know the audio part works but I still do not know if the "speaking" part works. I will assume that if this part works, the rest will work.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

zonk3939 wrote:
OK,I`m a dope at times.I`m not going to pursue rehooking the stock intercom uo as I dont know the entire parts list and so on.

I `ve read good reviews on Edsets,so they are whats in the forefront of my purchasing mind right now.

I`ve also heard/read about J & M intercoms also

My question..do these type intercoms hard wire betwen two helmets,or do they go to a jubction boz somehwere ?
Check out these guys, you can get the whole intercom system or just headsets. I'm using two of their headsets and find them to be totally satisfactory. That they are one of the cheapeston the market doesn't hurt either. Well made and sound good.

http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/accessories-communication-chatterbox-table2.htm

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Edsets are currently the most favoured headsets, people on the Wing forums keep reccomending them. They are cheaper than the JM sets as well.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

BenMC wrote:
Edsets are currently the most favoured headsets, people on the Wing forums keep reccomending them. They are cheaper than the JM sets as well.
Maybe so, but there are others here that like the Chatterbox. I've heard some who've changed from JMs to Edsets but it's hard to see how any of us have a valid opinion of which are best unless we've used all three.

I can't say which is best but I can say that the lowest priced of the three work very well for me on the radio, CB and intercom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.